My Plumeria Protector Came Back!!! ;-)

Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, VirginiaJuly 21, 2014

Hi everyone!!

I went outside last night for my annual " walk a bout" and found my " Prince" hanging around again to help me clean up the unwanted little critters that are in my plumeria. Again, this cutie likes to sit inside the container and watch...

He is sooo cute!! ;-)

Welcome back!!!!

Have a great day!!!!

Laura

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gidgetsocal

Good morning, Laura!

How exciting! Just look at that cute, little face! I can't stand it! He looks like he's posing for you. :-)

I just love frogs, and I would be so excited to find one in the garden. Reminds me of being a little kid - kissed a frog once thinking it would turn into my prince! Lol - probably too much info! Ha!

Does he come back every year?

Your prince looks pretty full and happy sitting there in your pot. :-) The perfect plumie protector!

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 11:39AM
chuy415

Sooo cute!!! thanks for sharing :)

Chuy

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 1:14PM
Houndhome(Phoenix Az (9b))

He is cute!

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 1:20PM
elucas101(8)

I LOVE HIM!!! He is so darn cute! We have a frog (or toad?) that must live in our yard because occasionally I see him because - get this - he will hop in one of my plumie pots and dig himself a shallow little trench to lay in!!!

I had one plant that I had originally dug a hole and sunk the pot in and I would find him in the space underneath the pot! Sadly I had to fill the hole in but he seems to have found another spot to live! We have a huge, bushy Iris and I think he lives in there but not sure.

Thanks for the pic, really cool!

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 5:42PM
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia

Hi Gidgetsocal !!!

I love frogs too!! Just adore them... He was just sitting there as I was checking and doing my nightly tour of my trees. I will say that I always see interesting things at night... That's why I love the nightly ritual.. ;-)

He was posing for me... Or he just thought that he was invisible. He probably thought.. "What is this lady doing during my dinner time?" " she is interrupting my time in MY plumeria.. Lol".

You didn't give out to much info... I would kiss him too! Wonder what he would do? Lol... He already is my " Prince". So, I'll let him have his space. He knows how much I love him!!! I don't think he is the same one though... Not sure... But I would like to think he is.. ;-)

Thanks Chuy!! Look at those eyes.. He is so serious! Doing a fantastic job! As always.. Soooo cute!!!

Mahalo, Houndmom!! I was so happy to see him.. Makes me smile when I see him!!! ;-)

Hi Emily!! How have you been? Miss you!!!

I absolutely love him too!! ;-). Just love these cuties... Some might think it odd, but I love frogs and such.. Just love nature and animals.. OHHH , plumeria too!! Lol...

They do like to choose where they want to live.. This one stays in the pond at the rock garden, then comes out at night to sit in the containers to have his dinner or feast!!! Lol... Yours sounds like he has the best of both worlds!! Plumeria and iris. How lucky!!!

Hope you and your family are doing well.. How are your trees doing this year? So nice to see you, as always!!!

Take good care, my friend!!

Night everyone !!!

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Wed, Jul 23, 14 at 0:17

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 9:09PM
lazybonz(7a)

He's a cutie!
I'm sure he (or she) is eating plenty of critters that you and your plants are better off without.

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 11:37PM
georgecc

Best looking plumie protector I've ever seen!

Bookmark   July 23, 2014 at 12:03AM
barb13_gw

I am glad that he is doing a great job, but am glad that he is there and not here. When I was a kid and working in my garden I picked up what I thought was a rock and it moved and scared me. After that I was not a big fan of frogs or toads. Barb

Bookmark   July 23, 2014 at 2:28AM
More Discussions
Plumeria minimum temp
Hello, I wonder if I can bring plumeria outside when...
vtsir
Desert Rose looking nicely
Well I have had no inflo's on my plummies the past...
kevabear
A few blooms from Madeira
Aloha plumeria friends! Wanted to share a few beauties...
David Richter
question about waxing cuttings
do i have to wait for them to harden off like normal...
kingbingo
Vera Cruz Rose Leaf Curl/Black Leaf Spot Issues.
Hello Forum member's I've Noticed my VCR Leaf Start...
edzone9
Sponsored Products
Varaluz | Fascination 6 Light Chandelier
$799.00 | YLighting
Mesa Leatherette and Chrome Dining Chair - Gold
Zuri Furniture
Rich Leatherette Lounge
| Dot & Bo
Original Karastan Paysage Rug (8'8 x 10'6)
Overstock.com
Model 1973-90: Belle Marie Anitque Gold Three-Light Crystal Flush Mount
$471.60 | Bellacor
Guitar Bar
| Italy Design
Walker Leather Loveseat - Brighton Aubergine Purple
Joybird Furniture
Set of Four Seastar Placemats
$42.00 | FRONTGATE
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™