Pepper disease ID help needed

joe081484(6)June 28, 2012

I think the issue started with 3 bell pepper plants which I've pulled those already but I'm seeing this spread to leaves on almost all pepper plants in the pepper bed. About 30-35 in total.

Starts with small spots on the plants getting larger and eventually they seem to yellow and fall off.

I'm thinking it's bacterial leaf spot but I could be wrong. I linked a photo below and can get some more later if this one isn't clear.

If it is bacterial leaf spot I guess I'll treat with copper fungicide and hope for the best.

Thanks for any replies

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/F4EOAFfYl-EH3KKWta3RQNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
habjolokia

Have you noticed any insects on the plants? Real tiny ones usually under the leaves? Aphids are known to cause a black discoloration on the leaves because of the secretion residue. For the leaves to be affected this bad it would have to have gone untreated for awhile.

Other that that it could be what you are thinking is the cause. I just thought BLS was more of a brown and yellowing spots on the leaves and causes depressions on the leaves.

Do you have any pics of the whole plant not just the one leaf?

Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 7:41PM
steven1032

you are right it is a leaf spot.

Bookmark   June 28, 2012 at 9:45PM
joe081484(6)

I'm usually pretty good on watching for bugs, had some issues with my tomatoes but hand knocking off the bugs squashed any real damage, havent noticed anything other then some bettles at night on the peppers. I'll snap a shot of the whole plant later today. I did pick up the copper and a small sprayer and will try and hit the plants every 7 days and see how they do.

Bookmark   June 29, 2012 at 2:02PM
More Discussions
Why I Like Tobacco Trays
Have 72 cells, which are cone shaped so the seedlings...
tomt226
Help for GardenWeb Users
https://support.houzz.com/hc/en-us/sections/200556848-Help-for-GardenWeb-Users...
ronnyb123
Sprouting leaves on peppers drying
My new leaves are going dark and drying off in most...
tomyres
Lemon Peppers
I grew these last year from store bought seeds. They...
cooperdr_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™