Plumeria changes colors

konatikiJuly 20, 2010

IÂm very happy. One of my plumeria is shooting out blooms that are different colors. I donÂt know how to explain it.

All of these are on the same inflo off the same branch tip. Some start out one color and change as they grow but some start

and stay the same color. There are oneÂs that start out white and change to light pink to dark pink and some start out

red and stay red. I bought this plumeria from Home Depot here is Vista "north San Diego, CA" and itÂs a Jungle Jack's.

I donÂt know what the name of it is but if anyone can tell me that would be great. I think the tag said "pink" when I bought it.

Here are some pictures.The first picture was taken yesterday 7/19/10 and the other two were taken 6/24/10. It's the same plant!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Dave in NoVA • 7a • Northern VA

For some of my plumies, flower color can change depending on the weather conditions (mainly sun and temperature):

1) as the buds are developing,
2) when the buds open up, and
3) while they are open.

During cool spells, my flowers are usually lighter in color. With heat and sun they tend to open darker. But as the flower ages, with heat and sun, they tend to fade sooner. If they open up dark, but we have cloudy days, some will keep their more saturated colors longer. There's a lot of variability. It also varies with the cultivar to some extent.

Beautiful photos. You can enjoy many colors on ONE PLANT!

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 9:05AM
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia

Konatiki,

Very beautiful photo!!!

Can't believe the different colors on one tree!!!

Quite interesting...lucky for you!!!

Enjoy!!

Laura in VB

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 11:48AM
konatiki

It's a great lil plumeria. Also the blooms on this one are alot smaller then any of my other plumeria. The blooms in the pictures are only about the size on a US quarter, very petite which make them even cooler.

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 12:09PM
greekman

Hi Konatiki,
can I have your permission to upload this amazing photo to my Greek Plant Forum which I belong ??
thanks
John

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 1:38PM
konatiki

Hi greekman. Yes you may!!

Bookmark   July 21, 2010 at 3:12PM
More Discussions
Jungle Jacks
Not sure if I can ask this here. I was thinking about...
plumeriai45
New to plumerias--Rooting help, please!
Hi! I potted this cutting about 3 weeks ago (at that...
olly805
Plumeria minimum temp
Hello, I wonder if I can bring plumeria outside when...
vtsir
Desert Rose looking nicely
Well I have had no inflo's on my plummies the past...
kevabear
help with 4ft spindly plumeria
I would like to cut the top 21/2 ft and root that with...
deejvue
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™