Over wintered Bhut, problem this season

habjolokiaJune 23, 2011

So first time overwintering, plant has been repotted back in Feb and it's been back outside for about a month 1/2 most of the old foliage has fallen off and new have grown I even have flower buds none flowered as of yet. I am also growing plants from this plants pods from last season which are doing great. The problem is the old leaves which i am not to worried about but alot of the new leaves fall off to the touch or wind blows them off it's bizarre to me. I don't over water I always let the plant show me when it needs watering, don't use much ferts. Drawing a blank here maybe I need to add something lacking in the soil? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marcie_new(z8)

Hi are you having temperatures swings at night? sometimes when the plants go outside they kind of get shocked and as they become acostumed to the outside temps they recover and do great. I am wondering do you happen to have any seeds for the ghost pepper that I can have? I am willing to pay postage.Please let me know thanks Marcie

Bookmark   June 27, 2011 at 1:12AM
simsedward

Marcie I have some ghost pepper seeds I can mail you. I don't have a ton left, but enough for you to start a few plants for next year.
ED

Bookmark   June 27, 2011 at 8:28AM
sloan(z8 GA)

Same here, Marcie. I've got a whole lot left over from last year's peppers. -t.r.s.

Bookmark   June 27, 2011 at 8:34AM
habjolokia

Hi Marcie, so far I just keep up with watering limiting any changes to the soil. I would think by now it should have bounced back by now. My night time temp is avg 70 degrees. Zone 7. My seedlings went out at the same time and are really taking off no longer seedling that's for sure. Well a few responded about Ghost chilli seeds, I do have a few from last season. If you want let me know. Or just respond to the others who have also offered. Thanks

Bookmark   June 27, 2011 at 12:16PM
More Discussions
Seed soak
IIs 24 hours too long? I won't be home until then....
peps_22
Your Grow List --- 2015
It is getting closer to start the season especially...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
Show Your Seedlings
After all that work, gathering seeds, trying to germinate,...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
Fish pepper info?
Once more turning to my hot pepper elders... I used...
uncleflip
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™