Milkweed forum

wildflowerman_2000June 30, 2013

Hi Folks,
I've written Gardenweb requesting that they add a special MILKWEED forum for those of us who are trying to establish milkweed gardens/plots to help with the declining Monarch populations. If you are so inclined please drop them a note supporting this idea and maybe we will have our own forum in which to communicate.
Regards,
Mark (wildflowerman_2000)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wildflowerman_2000

I've had several request as to how to contact garden web so hopefully this will help.
Just go down to the bottom of the Main Garden Web page where all the Garden forums are listed and in small print there is a spot where you can click to contact Garden Web. Click on it and you will get one of the boxes where you can type in a message and send it to them. This spot is also available on many of the pages you visit so any of them will work. Thanks for doing this and there seems to be some serious interest in having this forum.
Mark

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 11:00AM
wildflowerman_2000

Hi Folks,
Thanks for your responses regarding setting up a Milkweed forum on gardenweb. I hope you have taken the time to contact gardenweb directly as per the instructions in the existing forums. The more interest shown for this forum the better chance we have of getting it. It will really be nice to have a forum devoted to milkweeds so those of us who share this interest won't have to search all over the gardenweb site to locate information.
Regards,
Mark

This post was edited by wildflowerman_2000 on Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 11:39

Bookmark   July 6, 2013 at 5:10PM
mstywoods(z5, Westminster, CO)

I just sent GW a message with my vote for this new forum as well :)

I'm in Colorado, and just recently came across a bunch of the showy milkweed in a field in a park where I walk. They smell so great, and the flowers are really unusual and pretty. So I'm interested in trying to grow some in my yard next spring. I'm watching the pods to see when they are ripe, and plan on picking some and saving the seed.

Don't know what else I might need to do with/to them, though, to be successful in planting them. Would be great if the forum gets started!

Marj

Bookmark   August 1, 2013 at 8:57PM
wildflowerman_2000

Thanks for the vote for the Milkweed Forum. We've received word that it is in the works and will let folks know as soon as it happens.

Bookmark   August 2, 2013 at 7:50AM
mstywoods(z5, Westminster, CO)

Haven't seen any word about the new forum. Any news?

I've been checking the pods on the showy milkweed to see if they are ready with seeds, but they are still a bit green and soft.

Marj

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 7:28PM
wildflowerman_2000

Marj,
No word yet but I've been assured that it will be the next forum created. They are working on some technical aspects of GardenWeb first.

Bookmark   August 15, 2013 at 8:27PM
wildflowerman_2000

Hi Folks,
Well it's official the MILKWEED FORUM is up and running as of 4 PM today (10/21/13). It can be viewed at: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/milkweed/ . Please pass this along to all your friends and let's all start doing everything "Milkweed" on this site. Thanks to all of you who sent in requests to Gardenweb and for your patience while this site was constructed. It's a brand new look for Gardenweb and our forum is the first to have it. Enjoy!!
Regards,

Bookmark   October 21, 2013 at 5:18PM
More Discussions
Trumpet vine??
Me again! Can anyone tell me the best way to take a...
Kim.MI - 5
Burn time approaches
Anyone planning on burning their 'prairie' off ? I...
dbarron
Transplant Asclepias tuberosa?
I'd like to have Butterfly Weed in my perennial bed...
kimmers
Growing wildflower/grass/sedge seedlings in trays before planting
Hi, I intend to grow 100 different species of native...
njbiology
Bluestem, bluestem & bluestem
I ran across yet another new Scizachyrium scoparium...
texasranger2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™