Sick Leaves

ProudMamaSDJuly 7, 2012

This is happening to a great many of my trees right now.... thoughts? At first I thought I might be adding too much murphy's oil to the water when I spray them in the morning, so I have stopped and it continues. :o(

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elucas101(8)

Wendy, I'm so sorry to see the damage - are you using any other foliar treatments besides the Murphy's mixture? And after you stopped spraying with that, even new leaves are utrning this way that have never been sprayed with it?

What I do notice though is the leaf in the 12:00 position on top there is showing what I am almost positive is thrip damage. That's exactly one of the types of deformation they cause, so I would probably treat for that.

Bookmark   July 7, 2012 at 6:07PM
houstontexas123(z9a)

look closely for any signs of pests.

how long have you been using the oil?

Bookmark   July 8, 2012 at 5:56AM
ProudMamaSD

I've been using the oil for about a month now. I don't see much on the leaves, tiny black flies, spiders- I've never seen anything on this particular tree. I am going to try spinosad. I was wondering how someone like John at JJ's controls pests, his leaves look perfect.

Bookmark   July 8, 2012 at 12:01PM
the_first_kms2(8/9)

PM,
I still think its sucking insects. Just by the mottled pattern. Continue foliar sprays and perhaps Protekt and a systemic pest control?

Anecdotal commentary: I have an underperforming Royal Hawaiian which I have to watch for sucking insect damage and right next to it is a T. Mardi Gras which never has damage. My assumption is the RH is weaker and therefore easier prey than the TMG. Your plants without damage may just be healthier and more resistant.

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 10:03AM
More Discussions
Sally Moragne
Sally Moragne is another that doesn't want to relax...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
Plant robbers
I woke up this morning to find one of my plants, a...
gidgetsocal
overall, hoping for a great year...more room
in looking at how we have moved things around, hoping...
rox146
overall, hoping for a great year...more room
in looking at how we have moved things around, hoping...
rox146
Plumies doing better
Hello! Just an update. My beautiful plumies are doing...
tamela_star
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™