'Potting Shed' painted and potager planted (pics)

lisa33(6b Bucks County PA)May 15, 2010

Big leap forward this week as far as my new potager is concerned. I finished the beds last Saturday and planted (sorta) this week. The herb bed is all planted and the other beds are half planted. I was waiting for the compost to settle in the beds.

Yesterday I pressure washed the little garage/shed and today I painted and hung accessories. What a difference. Not sure how I feel about the colors I chose. I really am a little challenged when it comes to color. I have pretty much confidence in other elements of my decisions, but color always gets me. I had been agonizing about a shade of grayish moss green for the main color and got sick of the mental debate and made a spur of the moment choice of a shade of blue. Go figure. The purple shutters were an impulse choice, too. Unfortunately, the blue color seems to photograph as electric blue when it is really a gray blue (somewhere between slate blue and maybe denim). Not loving that!

And here is a close up of the window. The plants in the flower box aren't staying there in that combination. I just grabbed a few things in pots to put in temporarily for the photo. Also, please ignore the brick holding the window box up. Still haven't installed that permanently!

Thanks for the advice about the obelisks. I think when the fence is installed (30" outside of the stone beds) the width will balance the height of the obelisks nicely.

I'm so excited about it. Can't wait for the fence to go in so I can plant the perimeter beds. Next on the agenda is to find a bench that fits so that I can sit and enjoy it!

Lisa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

Lisa, what are you going to use for fencing? Your stonework is just incredible. Can we see a photo from the side?
Renee

Bookmark   May 16, 2010 at 10:21PM
robynscottdesigns(5)

WOW- fantastic. A job well cone!!

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 12:32PM
lavender_lass(4b)

Lisa- Your potager is beautiful!

I love the blue color on the shed...I think it's even better than the green you had planned originally. Your perimeter fence is going to look amazing and a bench will be the perfect finishing touch :)

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 5:34PM
klbereczky(z9)

I am so jealous!

Bookmark   May 18, 2010 at 6:32PM
nycynthias(Z6 NY)

WOW!!! Not only is it absolutely charming, but I have to give you huge kudos, because girl? You busted that out FAST! It looks really, really fantastic!

Bookmark   May 20, 2010 at 8:33PM
posyplanter

Wow! Beautiful, lovely, great inspiration here. THANKS for the pics.....I'm jealous too.

Bookmark   May 24, 2010 at 7:13PM
t-bird(Chicago 5/6)

I feel like such a slacker!

Bookmark   May 27, 2010 at 2:18PM
nycynthias(Z6 NY)

By the way, I was just checking out the pics again, and I have to say, I LOVE the blue. Heck, I even like the crazy electric version in the first pic, even though I know the actual color is closer to the second photo. I think a shot of vibrant color in a potager is awesome and I'm cuing off Jennifer Bartley by spraying my pea supports bright cobalt blue :)

Bookmark   May 27, 2010 at 5:33PM
lisa33(6b Bucks County PA)

Aww, you guys are cool. I ran into a neighbor two doors down the other day and felt damned by faint praise. "It looks....good. I saw your sign." It is great to have this forum to share our efforts with people who get it. Thank you!!!

Nycynthias, thanks for the vote of confidence on the color. I am committing to it since Sherwin Williams is having a 25% off sale for Memorial Day. I just bought two more gallons of the blue! I do wish it photographed more true to color, though.

Lisa

Bookmark   May 28, 2010 at 8:45AM
More Discussions
Sacrificial Esthetics
Just curious if you guys think I'm make life a lot...
earthlark
New potager er
I'm laying the final pathways on my potager garden.......
lorabell NC
Wake UP everyone! Spring has sprung!
Well, I'm mostly planted up in the vege garden! My...
nancyjane_gardener
Ideas for Potager Paths and Borders
This is my potager setup. The red areas are brick walks....
riverfarm
deer fence advice for our potager?
The deer found my new potager last June and by August...
zinniamama
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™