Works in Progress...

peachymomo(Ca 8)June 18, 2012

I realized that if I keep waiting to have everything weeded, mulched, and orderly before taking pics I'll never post any. So I went ahead and took some of things as they are, please forgive the messiness!

I decided that I had to have a container garden in the patio this year because it's just so much closer to the kitchen, I got tired of having to trek out into the muddy field in the dark last winter. This garden is mostly herbs with a few tomatoes, and some roses and a little lemon tree.

This is the 'paste tomato' garden, lots of San Marzano tomatoes with a couple of pumpkins and a bit of corn (too small to see in this shot.)

And the Raised Bed garden, which will someday have a flower border all around and be much more 'potager' like, right now it's just two raised beds with a rose garden on one side and a small perennial garden way at the end where it's hard to see.

The 'Squash and Beans' Bed, where I'm growing zucchini, cucumber, and a melon, as well as bush beans and some carrots and radishes.

And lastly the Tomato bed, currently the cages are the most noticeable feature but there are 8 tomatoes and lots of little seedlings that are very hard to see.

I'll post more photos after the plants have had some time to grow, hopefully by that time there will also be mulch and fewer weeds so the next batch of shots is better all around...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
girlgroupgirl(8 ATL)

Looking good! You've got lots growing there, it will be so yummy!

Bookmark   June 19, 2012 at 10:57AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tishtoshnm Zone 6/NM

You have created a wonderful space. Good job!

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 2:22PM
More Discussions
Dog yard....sigh
Well, after taking an early retirement, I thought WooHoo,...
nancyjane_gardener
Sacrificial Esthetics
Just curious if you guys think I'm make life a lot...
earthlark
Potato boxes
Not sure if this is the best site ... But ... If not...
Crawfordjohn66
Santa?
Are you asking Santa for anything for your garden? I...
nancyjane_gardener
What flowers do you grow in your potager?
As I have mentioned ad infinitum already, I'm in the...
nycynthias
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™