plants wont stop rotting

Pondplant_kid(9b)July 25, 2014

my plants keep rotting. I don't know what im dong wrong. I have a few that are ok, but the ones I get from home depot keep rotting. I water about twice a week, give them 5 to 6 hours of sun. I think its because I plant them to deep. could that have killed them? anyone with some suggestions? im extremely discouraged. ive spent over $600 on cuttings and rooted plants.... does anyone have any plants that they could send me? I don't have money for any shipping so I would understand if you could not send any. I would prefer if they could be rooted because I have tried dozens of cuttings and they all have rotted. im only 13 and this addictive hobby has sucked up all my money. and I lost almost all of it with rot. I basically threw it away with the plants. my parents say "they are pointless and that I should give up on the stupid plants." not the most supportive. they have not contributed to any of the purchases I make on my plants. its all out of pocket. I spend every penny I have on them. I just want to be successful with them. Im at my make or break moment in the hobby.(if that makes any sense) im just so frustrated I just want to throw them all away. its very discouraging to see all the large trees people have incorporated in their landscape. most people grow them with ease here. so cal has a lot. I usually can grow anything. but I guess not plumeria.
any plants would be GREATLY appreciated. thanks.
~josh

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barb13_gw

Mine are in full sun light and I water about ever 5 days. Do you have something under them that makes them sit in water? Also if they are cuttings they can take up to 6 months to start, and you can not dig them up all the time to check them. For cuttings you water them once and then mist them once in a while. It takes time to start them. Did you get the seeds I send you. They might be easier for you to grow at this point. Barb

Bookmark   July 25, 2014 at 8:56PM
Pondplant_kid(9b)

yes I got them.

Bookmark   July 26, 2014 at 1:59PM
Daisy7(7 WTX)

I bought box store plumeria several years ago. Once home I wondered how they were alive. The potting medium was pure muck. I changed them out to bigger pots and better medium at once, but still lost a couple of them.

Bookmark   July 26, 2014 at 4:13PM
barb13_gw

your very welcome

Bookmark   July 26, 2014 at 6:36PM
TikiTropic(10b SoCal)

Did you know Home Depot and Lowe's guarantees all their plants for a full year? Just take them back with your receipt and get a refund.

Bookmark   July 26, 2014 at 10:43PM
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia

Barb.. ;-).

Doug. Great reminder..

Laura

Bookmark   July 26, 2014 at 11:59PM
texasplum(8)

VERY nice of you Mrs. Barb!

Bookmark   July 27, 2014 at 9:42AM
More Discussions
Bag Rooting
I have a few cuttings that I need to get going and...
plumeriai45
@ Laura....... :P
Im cutting "Big Papi" in a couple weeks,...
plumejunkie
Bayer tree and shrub
Has anyone ever mixed in fertilizer with the Bayer...
rox146
Thai Super Round Blooming In February.....Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Hello everyone!! I hope you all are enjoying the warmth...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
scale
Laura and Peg...is this the scale my husband thinks...
rox146
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™