POS systems

christinmk z5b eastern WAJanuary 6, 2014

I work at a nursery and the office manager asked me to help look into a new Point of Sale system.

What one do you use? Do you like it? What are the negatives about it? Have you used others to compare your current one against?

Your personal thoughts...what traits are particularly useful when looking for a POS system for a nursery?
Many thanks!
CMK

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48

Chris, we use a product called Keystroke - it is a full POS database. I use it primarily on the inventory end of the business and it find it works great for that purpose but can't really speak either to the sales or customer files end of the product.

Each nursery I've worked at (4 in total) have used different POS systems but I've not necessarily been in a position to evaluate each one of them :-) As far as the most useful trait would be concerned, I probably list "flexibility" at the top!

Bookmark   January 23, 2014 at 4:47PM
christinmk z5b eastern WA

Many thanks for your comment gardengal! ;-)
CMK

Bookmark   January 24, 2014 at 3:37PM
calliope(6)

Whew...........that's the trouble with acronyms. I expected to hear a rant. ;-)

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 12:08AM
Johnyy1

hi, christinmk!

Yes,I have bad experience with my previous pos company. Very bad service no corresponding support. They said much but did nothing. So, I decided to change the company and quickly found Point of sale systems NY. Now I see what good service and professional support mean. I am fond of this company. possibly to find something worthy, at first you must try something bad... They work all around the USA and provide services in each city. Besides, they give free information about point of sale systems in general and solutions for concrete problems. I hope this will help you.
Wish you luck:))

Here is a link that might be useful: Point of sale systems NY

Bookmark   January 28, 2015 at 6:38AM
More Discussions
Wave Easy Red Petunia
Has anyone grown this plant. This is the first year...
lorraine644
RE: hiring help
I've been the sole gardener at an estate for 15+ years...
dlbk
Creative tips for raking gravel?
On walkways in formal garden setting have you found...
gata
Best wave petunia for hanging baskets???
What do you growers think is the best wave petunia...
Diamond2014
Need volunteers or another inexpensive method for seed production
I am running a very tiny seed operation that has recently...
amigoverde
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™