Source for mail order annual plugs

joji(6)February 15, 2014

Hello All! I have been away from GW for many years. In the meantime, I have moved into the field professionally. I am looking for any info on mail order companies that sell annual plants as plugs. Easy to find for perennials. Any help is so appreciated! Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
goblugal(7)

Park Seed Company, Harris Seed Company....depends on the size of the plugs and quantities you are looking for.

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 4:14PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Prairie_Sima(4a)

Best options varies from region to region.
I am from midwest, so I get my plugs in small quantities from Fariblaut Growers, MN (minimum 25 plugs per variety; orders minimum $300) + Shipping/Handling. Pot stick tags included.
If I could afford shopping for large quantities I would go with Ball Horticulture. You need to request them for catalogs and order forms and they will mail it to you. Their online website and catalogs are quite complicated to keep track off. Easier just to ask for paper copies. They have great variety and greenhouses all over the country. For most plugs minimum of one kind is 100 and order minimum (I might be wrong) $1500 + Shipping/Handling + Brokerage fee + Pots stick tags for extra fee.

Bookmark   March 6, 2014 at 9:16PM
More Discussions
Inventory
I have been selling plants that I grow for a long time...
angfull
Creative tips for raking gravel?
On walkways in formal garden setting have you found...
gata
Rose planting
I recently purchased some knock out roses.Is it too...
denniswalsh
Wave Easy Red Petunia
Has anyone grown this plant. This is the first year...
lorraine644
RE: hiring help
I've been the sole gardener at an estate for 15+ years...
dlbk
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™