Jalapeno Pepper leaves turning yellow

msvkJuly 14, 2010

HI all,

I am pretty new to this forum..but after browsing thru few posts I thought I would be getting some good solutions.

Here is my Issue...Couple of months back I bought Jalapeno pepper plants from target. I used a 5 gallon pot to re plant them but i used only "Scott's Topsoil" to plant the them. I had no clue that it should not be used for plants in containers. Then again I re planted them by replacing 50% of the top soil by potting mix.

Now the leaves of jalapeno plants are turning yellow..the bottom ones, but there are few flowers which are turning into jalapenos (I think)

I wanted to know if this yellowness of the leaves is common or is it due to the soil or due to the watering (I do water my plants daily) ?

Also I live in CA so the climate kind of hot these days..

Please let me know the solution...

Thanks,

MSVK

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ardnek710(z6 stlouis)

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Its hard to comment with any surety without more details. How are you watering, what kind of sunlight do they have, how big are they (have they visibly grown since you replanted)? Did your potting soil have fertilizer in it or have you fed them? Is the yellowing all over general yellowing or how would you describe it if different?

Just with the info you provided, if the yellowing is general all over and complete, I would add that the older bottom leaves on plants that have been stressed early on sometimes yellow and fall off. This is no concern at all, but natural plant behavior.

kendra

Bookmark   July 14, 2010 at 5:04AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
taz6122(N.W. AR.6b)

Too much water will cause this and watering every day is too much especially with soil that drained poorly. You might get away with watering daily with the new mix.

Bookmark   July 15, 2010 at 5:30PM
More Discussions
Show Your Seedlings
After all that work, gathering seeds, trying to germinate,...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
will my pepper seeds sprout?
I am planning to start to grow some pepper plants and...
mariorossi3c
My Carolina Reapers and Naga Viper need help!
As you can see from the pictures above each of the...
krystalpepper
Pepper plant wilting
Not sure what's going on here. This plant nearly died...
uncle_flip
I had it bookmarked
It looks like it is the whole enchilada, not that cut...
ronnyb123
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™