Jamaicensis Plumeria

cbadcaliJuly 19, 2012

HI. I have one of these and wonder if there is a trick to growing them. The first year, it was green and looked pretty good, though no flowers. this year it is sad and unhappy. The leafs are turning yellow at an alarming pace and I feel so badly for it.

Is there a secret fertilizer, potting soil or chant I should know about? Seriously, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mary

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ProudMamaSD

Mary, that's sad. Is it in the same pot you purchased it in? Maybe a root pruning would perk it up? I have done that to 2 plants this season and it really paid off, the trees are vibrant and happy again. I use foliage pro (by dyna grow)and everyone seems happy.

Good luck!
Wendy

Bookmark   July 19, 2012 at 10:26PM
cbadcali

Hi Wendy. I put in her present pot when she arrived last year. (or maybe the year before). She was fine last year. this year not so much. Maybe I will pull her out of the pot and see if I see a problem. I hesitate to do that this late in the season, but at this point I think I need to do something. I just thought that maybe they took something special to keep them growing. I have the Dyna gro foliage. Thanks for your help.

Mary

Bookmark   July 19, 2012 at 10:41PM
jandey1(TX8)

Mary, it's hot as Hades here and I've been repotting my plumies that are pushing roots out of their pots and they're doing fine.

If you have any issues below the surface you want to catch that as soon as possible and try to save your plant. Good luck!

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 10:12AM
cbadcali

Well I took the plunge...pulled her out and she was pretty root bound, though not a single root was coming out the bottom. I don't know...the more I think I know about plumeria, the more I find out I really don't know!!!

Anyway she is inBill's, Kimi's dads, by way of Al's mix...sipping a pi�a colada on the deck. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that plumeria police don't have my address. thanks for the information and the help and the hand holding. Mary

Bookmark   July 20, 2012 at 11:18AM
More Discussions
Frangipani Fading?
So 3 of my frangipani's are doing this badly on the...
archades
Spring is on it's way...
Just wanted to post some "wake up" progress....
tunatony
New to plumerias--Rooting help, please!
Hi! I potted this cutting about 3 weeks ago (at that...
olly805
Contest time!
Now that spring's finally here, let's have a little...
jandey1
help with 4ft spindly plumeria
I would like to cut the top 21/2 ft and root that with...
deejvue
Sponsored Products
kathy ireland Office by Bush Furniture TV Stand with Shelves
Overstock.com
kathy ireland Office by Bush Furniture New York Skyline 3-in-1 White TV Stand
Overstock.com
Antica Farmacista Ala Moana Diffuser
$69.00 | FRONTGATE
Jaipur Blithe Hand-Tufted Plumeria Area Rug - RUG119210
$80.64 | Hayneedle
Antica Farmacista Ala Moana Room Spray
$34.50 | FRONTGATE