Aji Seeds

Koreansoul(9)July 21, 2014

HI all,

I'm looking for Aji seeds in particular ones that don't have that soapy tastes and specifically I would like to have the Aji Pineapple.

Does anyone know a good source for this? Refining fire chilis has them but they're pretty expensive. Let me know!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kentishman

I'm growing Aji Pineapple for the first time, and I've got pods about to ripen. Also have pods ripening on Aji Lemon Drop and Aji Amarillo. I can help you in a few weeks.

Cheers, Tom

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 6:10AM
seysonn(8a WA/HZ 1)

Do you have to have "Aji" in the name ?

To my understanding "Aji" is the same as "chili" . So basically any hot pepper is Aji and/or Chili pepper.

So if you move beyond the "Aji" barier, you maybe able to have a lot more choices.

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 7:07AM
DMForcier(8 DFW)

If I understand correctly, "aji" does mean chili but is used in a specific area, like Peru. So it does tend to identify peppers from that area, many of which seem to be C.baccatum.

Koreansoul, Rather than look for something with an Aji in the name, what are you looking for in a chili?

Dennis

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 12:33PM
plantsman56

Your zone 9 but I don't know what's you are. If you live anywhere around Lakeland Florida, tonight is "hot pepper night" and one of the participants told me he was bringing a whole tray of Aji Lemon seedlings to give away to everyone. Free is always a great price. We start after 8pm at the Chili's on 98 north.

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 1:42PM
Koreansoul(9)

Plantsman I had no idea that was going on! I live in Central Florida and not that far. Darnit. Does that happen every weekend?!

I'm looking specifically for Aji strains and Aji Pineapple in particular. My grow is pretty diverse and I just have a hankering to grow Aji. :)

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 6:39PM
Koreansoul(9)

Plantsman I had no idea that was going on! I live in Central Florida and not that far. Darnit. Does that happen every weekend?!

I'm looking specifically for Aji strains and Aji Pineapple in particular. My grow is pretty diverse and I just have a hankering to grow Aji. :)

Bookmark   July 21, 2014 at 6:45PM
ronnyb123(Zone 9)

I have some Aji Crystal, Aji Rojo and Aji Armarillo.

The last 2 have not produced pods yet, but they look to be starting (flowers everywhere). Hopefully in a month or sooner. I will have seeds if you want.

Crystal seeds I have now.

Ron

This post was edited by RonnyB123 on Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 16:24

Bookmark   July 22, 2014 at 4:07PM
More Discussions
Sprouting leaves on peppers drying
My new leaves are going dark and drying off in most...
tomyres
Problems Germinating Seeds
Hi Everyone, I used to be able to germinate seeds....
newmexmike
Wow! Sure seems slow!
In the midst of seedling season, I would expect the...
woohooman
Resurrect my Scorpion plant?
So I have a Trinidad Scorpion plant that produced fairly...
newcoyote
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™