A copy of your follow-up will automatically be emailed to the...

the_sunMarch 18, 2009

Wouldn't it be great if there was a way to persuade the site administrators to disable the "follow-ups" checkbox in the "Rate & Review Exchanges" forum?

You know, this checkbox... "A copy of your follow-up will automatically be emailed to the original poster."

Don't get me wrong, the follow-ups are very useful for actual exchanges and discussion forum posts, but not so much in the Rate & Review forum.

For example...

If you accidentally check the box out of habit, then you'll be emailed the replies of every rater/reviewer -- and the ratings/reviews rarely, if ever, apply to the original poster, but rather the person the OP is reviewing!

(Gee, I hope that all makes sense.)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

(Gee, I hope that all makes sense.)
Yes it makes sense. When I post, I consider if it is a thread that I really want to receive the follow-up replies...like I don't check the box on any posts at the Seed Exchange Conversations, but will always check the box if I am posting a trade.

I have often wondered why anyone would check the box on a post they would start here, for another member.
I reading your post, I assume that some folks just automatically check the box on everything, like automatically.

Wouldn't it be great if there was a way to persuade the site administrators to disable the "follow-ups" checkbox in the "Rate & Review Exchanges" forum?
I really doubt if it is anything they could or would do. You might make a suggestion though at The Suggestion Forum
btw...you explained it quite clearly.

If one did accidentally check the box, and soon realized it, they could request that the post be pulled via the Contact Us link at the bottom of any page.

Sue

Bookmark   March 18, 2009 at 8:31PM
More Discussions
suzydaze
wow i cant belive there were no matches for suzydaze! i...
chrizty
bardamu / bardamu-gw
Good trade with bardamu. Seeds arrived safely in a...
phylis
charliez71
Just finished up a trade with Charlie. I received generous...
zubababy
Jen_Frazier
Very nice person! Just completed a great trade with...
aka_margo
bakemom is the best!
I love that she is so generous with her Newbie Seed...
Debi Matlack
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™