Primroses

a1chemyst(7-Georgia)February 17, 2010

Well i got 3 diffrent primroses... they all have the same foliage i figure color of the flowers is irrelevant... 25 cents EACH! woo. but once i told my other gardening people about them they were mad i didnt get them any extra. great friends right? lowes is about out of the prims, at least the decent ones, obviously for 25 cents they were on the clearance rack but they were still some nice ones. anyhow i thought maybe i could just cut off a leaf and throw some rooting compound on it, stick it in peat or something. they need to keep all the leaves they can because the freaking woman threw them in the bag and broke off a whole lot... they never leave them out of the bag when you tell them to. there are also a few iffy flowers that may need to be cut off, so any success with the flower stalks? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yiorges-z5il

Flower stoks.... no way....
Can you use the leaves in the bag?

Bookmark   February 17, 2010 at 5:47PM
calistoga_al

Primroses here are long lasting perennials. I remove them from the garden when it gets hot in the summer and place them in a large container in a shady area. In the winter I divide them and replant in the garden. I get several years out of a few plants and the ones that get looking ratty I just throw away. Al

Bookmark   February 19, 2010 at 9:57AM
a1chemyst(7-Georgia)

so, take a shovel and cut it in half and leave some roots? yes? ok then?

Bookmark   February 19, 2010 at 10:30AM
calistoga_al

Primroses produce multiple crowns. Divide by separating the crowns with their own roots. Splitting a single crown into two,generally is not successful. Al

Bookmark   February 21, 2010 at 10:16AM
More Discussions
Avocado tree from a seed
If I cut the sprout of my avocado tree from the seed,...
ellen1818
'cloning machines' are they any good?
I've looked at some photos (on a website) that show...
tete_a_tete
Germination Chamber
I built this for my wife. The humidity is staying anywhere...
rsteph1000
Apple Tree from seed
Hello knowlegeable people! I have some trees started...
bobcat115
Royal Poinciana Tree Grafting (Delonix Regia, Flamboyant)
Anyone out there have any experience grafting the Royal...
nsboyd1210
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™