Samoan Fluff flower description

fancyorchid(9a S.F. Bay Area)July 3, 2012

Does anyone have a Samoan Fluff plumeria? I have a water rooted One that I will need to transfer to a regular container, I'd like to know more about the color and the fragrance.

Thank you

Annamaria

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
freak4plumeria(So CA zone 10)

Annamaria
Here is a pic of my Samoan fluff. Flowers range in size depending on heat, humidity etc. Profuse bloomer, light scent.

Bookmark   July 3, 2012 at 11:55PM
fancyorchid(9a S.F. Bay Area)

Thank you very much, freak4plumeria, I have one similar in flower petals formation that I acquired from someone that was moving from California to Michigan. I was so lucky to get quite a few from her and at a very affordable price!!! Now I have an instant collection, but the petals' color of the one I'm referring to have pink edges and undersides! Would you know the name of It?
Thank you, again, for your help,
Annamaria

Bookmark   July 8, 2012 at 5:50PM

Thank you very much, freak4plumeria, I have one similar in flower petals formation that I acquired from someone that was moving from California to Michigan. I was so lucky to get quite a few from her and at a very affordable price!!! Now I have an instant collection, but the petals' color of the one I'm referring to have pink edges and undersides! Would you know the name of It?
Thank you, again, for your help,
Annamaria

Bookmark   July 8, 2012 at 5:54PM

OOps.....I didn't realize I'd already submitted my post!!!!

Bookmark   July 8, 2012 at 6:00PM
freak4plumeria(So CA zone 10)

MY SF was in 50 percent shade and the buds have like a light pinkish stipe on it. If you look at my pic there is a blush of pink, if there were more light and heat it may be more pronounced. SF looks fluffy when the inflo is fully in bloom, leaves are matte with a red edge on the boarder of the leaf.
Hope that helps. I actually got rid of my SF several seasons ago as part of my one in one out policy

Bookmark   July 8, 2012 at 6:13PM

Ohhhhh.....Freak, you are right, the buds are striped pink, actually I can email you the picture I took a few months ago, would you believe it was February? And now I'll have a second SF to add to my collection.
It was my first water-rooting experience and a good one, I can also send you this pic. Have you had any experience in rooting cuttings or you have purchased all your plumerias? I'd like to know more about It!
Annamaria

Bookmark   July 8, 2012 at 6:38PM
tdogdad(Zone 9)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bookmark   July 8, 2012 at 11:42PM
More Discussions
overall, hoping for a great year...more room
in looking at how we have moved things around, hoping...
rox146
OT White Beach In Southern Cali?
I think I need to put Visine in my eyes.. Did I just...
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
scale
Laura and Peg...is this the scale my husband thinks...
rox146
neighbor nut
well, I guess it takes all types....we manicure our...
rox146
Waiting for spring
Most of my plants are starting to get leaves but I...
barb13_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™