Finally 3rd year is the charm

andyandy(6bMI)July 9, 2014

This is my 3rd year trying to grow Super hots. 1st year I ordered Big sun Habenero seeds, Ghost seeds, and trinidad Scorpian seeds. The Big sun seeds were correct but the other two seemed to be some sort of ghost-Hab cross.Last year I got a couple of ghosts and a Carolina reaper but we had a cold July so nothing came in. I kept them going indoors this winter and now have about 12 big Reaper pods coming in (and many other small ones), My ghosts just started putting out pods (all at once it seems), and I have 3 big three year old Habenero plants exploding with pods. Now the waiting game until the ripen.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kentishman

Well done. There'll be no stopping you now!

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 11:43AM
andyandy(6bMI)

Forgot to mention my one potted Cayenne pepper plant that has about 60 peppers on it. That one just came in like a flood. it's getting new peppers everyday.

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 11:55AM
djoyofficial(5-6)

Sounds great! I would love to see some pictures, especially of the three year olds.

I am in my first year of growing peppers and have one lonely Hab pod growing after all sorts of trials and tribulations. The latest being, deer packing down my roots on a few plants while they chomp on my grape vines.

Even if I end up with no pods this year I have really been enjoying it. Hope I can make a similar post in a couple years.

Dj

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 1:27PM
More Discussions
Cooking With Fresh Peppers
When we talk about chili/ hot peppers, hot red peppers...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
Resurrect my Scorpion plant?
So I have a Trinidad Scorpion plant that produced fairly...
newcoyote
Northeast folks - when are you starting seeds?
Boston - planning on 3/1 (next Sunday!)
peps_22
Need advice on how to suspend shop lights.
So I bought the below metal shelving to house seedling...
peps_22
Sprouting leaves on peppers drying
My new leaves are going dark and drying off in most...
tomyres
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™