Marathon Granular

kellyjApril 2, 2007

I am about to use the Marathon 1% granular in my greenhouse and am interested in feedback...positive/negative/the easiest way to apply. Any information would be great.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Be sure to read and follow all of the directions exactly. It's a very hazardous product.

Bookmark   April 2, 2007 at 10:21AM
upnortdareh(Zone 4)

I have been using the liquid and granuals since it came out. No problem works very good. Just follow direction .----Upnortdareh

Bookmark   April 2, 2007 at 1:06PM
watergal(z6/7 Westminster, MD)

I use it all the time. It works well on fungus gnat larvae, whitefly, aphids, thrips, scale, etc. Doesn't work at all on mites. I just scatter it on top of the soil. Be sure not to leach for the first several waterings, or you'll reduce the effectiveness - it's all on the label. For most plants, only apply once a year.

I read where one person suggested making little holes, putting the stuff in, then covering, so when you stick your finger in later to check watering needs, you're not touching the stuff. Probably not a bad idea, but it takes too much time, so I don't bother.

Bookmark   April 3, 2007 at 11:11AM
mdaughn(zone 7)

One thing that is often overlooked on the directions is that Marathon can only be used once per crop cycle. That is a label change since the product first came on the market. There was some resistance developing in whiteflies due to overuse.

The other thing I am really careful about is timing the application correctly. Only actively growing plants will uptake the material.

I have found it to be very effective when used properly. And to reiterate what Watergal said, you have to be very careful watering for about 10 days after application.

Bookmark   April 5, 2007 at 12:41PM
iamsam

I have had good results with granular merit in atriums, but if you are using it to control mealy, have your sprayer loaded and ready cuz those buggers will run straight to the top of everything!
Aaah...snow indoors...icky.

Bookmark   April 29, 2007 at 12:51AM
watergal(z6/7 Westminster, MD)

Ooh, mealy snow. Yucky, yucky, yucky. Except during the holiday season, when you can just charge extra for the "snow flocking"!! Hee hee.

Bookmark   April 29, 2007 at 3:32PM
More Discussions
wilt pruf sprayed and froze on junipers
Hi all, I have a small garden in New York City. The...
happygardengirl
Being able to purchase plants wholesale
Hello, beside having a retail nursery - what other...
natalie4b
POS systems
I work at a nursery and the office manager asked me...
christinmk z5b eastern WA
landscape designer wanted
i live in the San Fernando valley/Sherman Oaks. Looking...
nancy4435
Design Software
My old company has asked me if I would like to be a...
Kirstin Zone 5a NW Chicago
Sponsored Products
Retro Birds Throw Pillow Cover
$29.99 | Dot & Bo
Clayton three-seat sofa - Midnight leather
Interior Define
RGB PixelDMX LED Domes RGB-pixeldmx-dome-100
EnvironmentalLights.com
'Dream Big Little One' Throw Pillow
$29.99 | zulily
Red Modular Chair
$584.99 | Dot & Bo