Of Bhuts and Cats (forget the mice and the men)

Edymnion(7a)July 23, 2012

So I was preparing a couple of fresh bhuts to go into my vodka bottle to really supercharge it, and my cat Dorian (a gray tabby, get it, Dorian the Gray?) kept whining for the obvious people food I was fixing.

So, I took where I had cut the stem and back end of the pepper off (to open it up so the vodka can get inside easily) and held it down for him to sniff.

He did that classic cat recoil, fell over backwards, and proceeded to run into the next room.

Guess the pepper was ripe, eh?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
esox07 (4b)

My damn dog chews on them. I gave him a Naga last fall and he chewed it but didn't eat it. Didn't seem the worse for the wear afterwards either. Since he has chewed up several Hot Hungarian Wax and just a couple days ago, he chewed up my first ripe pepper of the season, a Pepperoncini. I know they are not that hot but I am surprised he messes with them at all. He probably treats them as toys that "bite" back.

I am growing Trinidad Scorpion Butch T this year. If I can get it to bloom and set fruit, I may be able to break him of his taste for hot peppers once and for all.
Bruce

Bookmark   July 23, 2012 at 11:23AM
ottawapepper

Well Edymnion, unlike Bruce's pooch, at least you can say your cat is normal ;-)

Bookmark   July 23, 2012 at 11:28AM
peppernovice

I'm not sure how to respond to someone who has a pet that eats hotter peppers than he does!

Bookmark   July 23, 2012 at 4:57PM
esox07 (4b)

Bruce

Bookmark   July 23, 2012 at 6:12PM
More Discussions
How's your overwinter going?
How's everyones overwintering going? This was my first...
ozzy2001
Progress Video 3/26/15
Here's a look at my plants. Things are finally starting...
peppernovice
potting peppers: ideal growing medium and container size
this will be my second year trying to grow hot peppers,...
tcleigh
best flavored of the "super hots"
I am sort of reluctant to use the words "super...
robeb_gw
Time Lapse Video of Carolina Reaper Sprouting
Check it out my little reapers are finally coming up....
capsicummaximum
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™