Pepper Update

peppernoviceJuly 17, 2012

Ok, time for another update. This is what my peppers look like so far. Once again, I do have to thank all the members here for the advice and seed donations. (ottawapepper,smokemaster,etc.) This is one of the last plants I put outside. It's a chocolate scotch bonnet. It does have one small pod, not sure if you can see it. I think it will start producing very soon. It's been very hot and humid here which is making the plants go into over-drive!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
peppernovice

This is a Dragon's Claw that has some nice peppers on it.

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 11:30AM
peppernovice

This is one of 6 orange habanero plants. They are super producers. I can't believe the number of pods on these plants.

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 11:32AM
peppernovice

I have 2 datil plants. They didn't produce pods till late, but have really kicked in over the past week.

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 11:34AM
peppernovice

I have 3 red savina plants. They are all producing well. I tried one green a couple days ago. I was really impressed with the level of heat it already has.

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 11:36AM
peppernovice

I also have 3 Chimayo plants. I planted 4 seeds of every variety. I assumed out of 4, I may get 2 to germinate, and then I would have a backup if one of the plants died. It seems not many died and I didn't have the heart to cull them. I now have peppers coming out of my ears! They are so close to being ready. It's taking all my will power not to pluck them early!

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 11:40AM
peppernovice

This is one of 3 Peppadew plants. They are producing very well also. If you guys have any recipes, I would love to try them.

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 11:42AM
peppernovice

This is one of 3 bhut jolokia (ghost pepper) plants. I also tried one of these a couple days ago. It was still a little small, and very green. It did not disappoint! It was hot from the very tip of the pepper. I can't imagine how hot it's going to be when it's ripe.

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 11:45AM
peppernovice

This is a 7 pot JF. I received these seeds (as well as most of the others) from ottawapepper. Bill, my 7 pot looks normal. Are these the same seeds habjolokia is growing?

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 11:51AM
peppernovice

Here's a look at my best NuMex Twilight. I also have 3 of these. I have one in a container and two in my garden.

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 11:53AM
peppernovice

Here's one last look overall. This is about half of my plants. I couldn't fit them all in the picture. Once the weather leveled out in the 90s, the plants really took off. I've had to move about 7 plants off the deck, because they were growing over each other. I owe all my success to you guys. I would never have been able to get to where I'm at now without all the people on this forum. I have been a member of several sites, but have never seen a better group of people. I have never been unable to get a question answered. I have always been treated with respect, even when I asked stupid questions or made ridiculous comments. I just hope I will be able to return the favor someday. Thanks again for all the help!

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 11:58AM
romy6(9)

Very healthy plants PN. Might need to change your user name:-)

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 1:43PM
ottawapepper

Yep, definitely time to change the name. Great job!

I can almost taste those Chimayos.

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 1:56PM
peppernovice

Thanks guys. I think I'll still be a novice around here for some time to come. I've only been able to apply what I've been taught so far. I don't think I'll remove the novice until I'm the one teaching. :) Did you see the pics of my 7 pot Bill? I saw the pics posted by habjolokia and his almost looked like a cross with a naga. Are these the same seeds you sent me? The 7 pot JF?

Bookmark   July 17, 2012 at 2:00PM
More Discussions
Help for GardenWeb Users
https://support.houzz.com/hc/en-us/sections/200556848-Help-for-GardenWeb-Users...
ronnyb123
How's your overwinter going?
How's everyones overwintering going? This was my first...
ozzy2001
Need advice on how to suspend shop lights.
So I bought the below metal shelving to house seedling...
peps_22
I had it bookmarked
It looks like it is the whole enchilada, not that cut...
ronnyb123
Problems Germinating Seeds
Hi Everyone, I used to be able to germinate seeds....
newmexmike
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™