Don/Dustin Dashiell

kwyet1(z6 CT)February 20, 2010

Looks like I got duped!! I agreed to a trade and he said his end was 'in the mail'....so I sent my end. I have tried to email him...but he doesn't respond. I hadn't realized that he didn't respond to my post, but instead sent me an 'unsolicited' personal email. Oh well...I'll know better next time.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Do you know the Member name so the member can be found via a search here?

Per The Forum Instructions:
To ensure the safety of our members, please use membernames only -- do not reveal personal information -- such as last names -- without the member's permission.

GW may likely pull this post due to too much info. If you know the Member Name, why not start a new thread if there is no existing thread, with the Member Name in the Subject of Posting line, state the facts (seed trade? plant trade? cutting trade? time period?) and maybe include his state?

Yes, is often best to require members to post to your thread. Often if there is a 'shifty' trader that responds, others can and will alert you. If it is an unsolicited email, and there are no positive reviews, it would be best to have them mail first if you do choose to do a trade.

Bookmark   February 20, 2010 at 10:08AM
kwyet1(z6 CT)

I researched GW under the name & email address and couldn't find a 'member'....so maybe it's just an 'outside' person reading the postings then emailing the 'poster' directly. Live and learn.
Linda

Bookmark   February 21, 2010 at 9:19AM
joy_unspeakable(7NC)

kwyet1 - You are not alone. I also sent seeds to this person. He initiated a trade, responding to my post via email. Member name is 'grampyb' or 'grampyd', I had looked at his member page and noticed he had signed up the same day he had emailed me. I cannot find his member page now. He responded to my first emails, but I have not heard from him since I sent my seeds. I was trying to give him to benefit of the doubt, thought maybe something had come up, but now that I see your post, maybe we were both duped. Like you said, live and learn. This was my first private trade, probably my last.
~ Tracy

Bookmark   February 22, 2010 at 1:57PM
joy_unspeakable(7NC)

Found the member page. 'Grampyd'

Has responded to several SASE offers.

Bookmark   February 22, 2010 at 2:07PM
kwyet1(z6 CT)

Tracy,
It's too bad.....I myself have emailed someone (without responding to a post) to ask about seed that they had...and I have had good trades with people who have simply emailed me..so it's sad to think that I have to check & double-check everyone out 1st. I do check the 'rate and review' but if I can't find a name listed, I hate to 'assume' that I can't trade with them. Thanks for the member name.
Linda

Bookmark   February 22, 2010 at 2:24PM
More Discussions
OliviaRosaline
She is new and just did a nice trade with her. Very...
webuser_5438468
EricaBraun
Responded to my free veggie pack. Followed instructions...
LullabyF360
pmb2005
Promise has been a great swap buddy and friend. We...
EricaBraun
patrob
Absolutely fantastic, stupendous, mind-bogglingly amazing!...
EricaBraun
gardenweed
Such a great trade! Friendly communications and a quick...
jensyen ( z7 MD )
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™