plant pots

whiteeaglesue(8)April 29, 2013

anyone do of where to get just plain black pots for plants the 4 inch square is what i would like for starting seeds and cuttings i have found a place to get the round but they are the real thick ones and quite spendy thank you any info would sure be appreciated

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

is there any reason you are tied to pots ... ???

i used to use 6 ounce.. potted up to 8 oz to 16 oz plastic solo cups ...

and one time even used cut down water bottles ... if you are addicted to those...

all can be given drainage with a sharp razor blade and cutting the bottom edge ... . rather easily.... and trust me i tried everything else.. lol.. drilling does not work ...

i found the spending the money on the best seedling media.. a much better investment ... than pretty pots ...

ken

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 8:42AM
soleil_blume_hooke(8a)

Ken, I couldn't have said it better. (drilling doesn't work,lol) Don't forget the newspaper cups you can make. There's hundreds of tutorials on the net.

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 9:47AM
nil13(z21 L.A., CA (Mt. Washington))

I take a piece of steel rod, heat it up with a propane torch and melt holes in the bottom of solo cups. But I only use solo cups for stuff that I plan on giving away. They get brittle too quickly with UV light and only last a season. The black poly nursery containers last many seasons and are thus well worth the investment. The square ones are great because they pack so well on a tray. That packing means less water loss when irrigating. My next pot purchase is going to be the Anderson tall square bands, when the ones I have finally bite the dust.
Growers Inc. has them.

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 5:23PM
david52_gw

This is what I use - you can buy the trays that hold 18 pots that go with them.

They're decent quality, although some batches seem to be better than others. Mine are 8-10 years old, I throw one out now and again.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Bookmark   May 8, 2013 at 11:55AM
More Discussions
Can Budwood be too small, or thin?
When grafting should I try to obtain close to pencil...
figbear (8b coastal carolina)
How much light for cuttings?
How much light needs a bed for cuttings? If I put some...
loewenzahn
'cloning machines' are they any good?
I've looked at some photos (on a website) that show...
tete_a_tete
Can/do plants propagated asexually by cutting form taproots ?
Can/do plants propagated asexually by cutting form...
Zoztrog
Fog propagation
I started propagating Muscadine Vines A few years ago....
Muscadines978
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™