Best Flea Beetle Killer

jcav8terJuly 23, 2011

Flea beetles are having a feast on my peppers. I know there are several pesticides that will work, but was wondering if anyone else has used something that worked well on these guys.

Thanks,

John

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
capoman(5a)

I actually had a dish with beer in it for the intent of catching slugs and snails. A nice surprise was that I was catching even more flea beetles in the mix. These were beetles earlier in the season for me, but it's worth a try.

Bookmark   July 23, 2011 at 3:31PM
jcav8ter

Thanks, will add that to the pesticides.

John

Bookmark   July 23, 2011 at 8:10PM
Joe1980(5)

I'd go with pyrethrin, because it is natural, and completely safe to use on veggies. The biggest issue one might encounter with pyrethrin is allergies and/or athsma. I have read that sticky traps work too. Diatomaceous earth powder is another thing that will work. Dust it on and around the plants.

Personally, I don't have any ideals that go against using pesticides, although I like to try not to use anything harsh. But, I also don't bother trying to screw around with less effective "safer" measures either, because I find that they just aren't as effective, and they take a lot of persistance. I prefer to just deal with the problem immediately, and not have my food crops suffer. So, if it was me with an infestation, I would douse them with something sooner then later.

Joe

Bookmark   July 23, 2011 at 10:00PM
redtailforester(6)

I've had very good luck with diatomaceous earth.

Bookmark   July 24, 2011 at 8:29PM
More Discussions
Hate the new layout
How about you? Usually, I don't care, but this blows. Kevin...
woohooman
Problems Germinating Seeds
Hi Everyone, I used to be able to germinate seeds....
newmexmike
Help for GardenWeb Users
https://support.houzz.com/hc/en-us/sections/200556848-Help-for-GardenWeb-Users...
ronnyb123
Seed soak
IIs 24 hours too long? I won't be home until then....
peps_22
Do Habs take longer to germinate?
I've only had one Hab germinate after 2 weeks and almost...
ozzy2001
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™