Moruga growing up rite

pepperdaveJuly 18, 2014

Out of 50 Chocolate Moruga Scorpions Im growing One is putting out up rite pods . Ive seen this on the forum before and there seemed to be interest in this.So here is a picture.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DMForcier(8 DFW)

Upright? You sure it just hasn't been real windy there?

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 1:42PM
pepperdave

I have 50 and every other one is growing like I expected This plant is shorter and has set a number of pods all growing this way.The peppers look the same just up rite. The thing is it seams only one pepper sets at each flowering point compared to 2 or 3 on the other plants. Although being very interesting it seams production is much less then my other Morugas. Its still early so time will tell. Im going to isolate it and save seed so come fall I can share seed and maybe we can all work on this one.

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 2:25PM
ronnyb123(Zone 9)

It is probably some sort a hybrid. Pods could also grow upright temporally and eventually downturn. A similar Trinidad that grows like that could be the Trinidad Sunrise, but if the seeds came from the same supplier, it is probably unlikely.
I remember that thread. It turned out to be a Trinidad Perfume . I do not believe that to be the case here.

Bookmark   July 18, 2014 at 4:09PM
More Discussions
Cooking With Fresh Peppers
When we talk about chili/ hot peppers, hot red peppers...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
Fish pepper info?
Once more turning to my hot pepper elders... I used...
uncleflip
Pepper plant wilting
Not sure what's going on here. This plant nearly died...
uncle_flip
Sprouting leaves on peppers drying
My new leaves are going dark and drying off in most...
tomyres
My Carolina Reapers and Naga Viper need help!
As you can see from the pictures above each of the...
krystalpepper
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™