Rep. M Bachmann is now a Swiss citizen

marshallz10(z9-10 CA)May 9, 2012

Wow! we almost might have a possible foreigner citizen running for Prez of these United States.

Here is a link that might be useful: Swiss citizens -- the whole Bachmann family

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marshallz10(z9-10 CA)

Oops, sorry David, I hadn't checked any new threads for possible earlier expose of this scandalous renaging of US sanctity.

Bookmark   May 9, 2012 at 10:37PM
labrea_gw

Shes always had the secret urge to be called Coco

Bookmark   May 9, 2012 at 10:40PM
mylab123(z5NW)

Sometimes it's done out of necessity.

Now, I don't know how accurate this information was, but I have a dear friend who is English and married an American service man. Her mother made her promise to become an American citizen so that if they ever divorced while living in the U.S, he would not have more rights to keep the children they might (and did) eventually have than she would have as a non citizen.

I loved them both dearly but oh - such an contentious marriage! If he said left, she insisted right. If she said up, he insisted down. Pick, pick, pick!

She did become an American citizen for those reasons, they never did divorce, they eventually just quit quibbling and settled into liking each other as much as loving each other.

I was very glad to see it, but it took 15 years to accomplish, my own DH swore that they just used up all the contentiousness between them and all they had left was smiles!

I figured that was as good an explaination as any I could come up with, except for maybe they finally just grew up after child number two, and decided it was more fun to be happy than angry all the time. I really like them both, individually and now as a couple.

We have kept in steady touch almost every month for 25 years.

Bookmark   May 9, 2012 at 11:15PM
david52_gw

Marshall, I'm here wringing my hankie as well, pacing the floor, still sniffling back the tears, still not over the initial shock.

How could she? Is it those brown cows? How the hubby looks in Leiderhosen?

Bookmark   May 10, 2012 at 12:24AM
marshallz10(z9-10 CA)

There, there, David. Do get a grip on your tear-soaked sense of proportion. Surely Ms Rep Rep has every right to position herself against claims of illegal status no matter where she goes. Moverover, as Swiss citizens, her family is protected by Swiss laws from revealing potentially embarrassing financial affairs.

Bookmark   May 10, 2012 at 10:05AM
labrea_gw

My Brother has dual citizenship & he exercised it full last years by retiring in Ireland. His 2 sons have dual citizenship I wouldn't take it out I would just feel funny.

Bookmark   May 10, 2012 at 12:45PM
momj47(7A)

Very strange, very strange indeed.

I wonder how this will play out with her constituents.

Bookmark   May 10, 2012 at 11:10PM
marshallz10(z9-10 CA)

Not well, it seems. She has again changed her mind and declared herself a citizen of the United States of America, not the united cantons of Switzerland.

Bookmark   May 10, 2012 at 11:47PM
maggie2094

I demand an ex-po-say!

Bookmark   May 10, 2012 at 11:52PM
jodik_gw

Well... between Michelle and Sarah, they've pretty much mucked up the world view of American females, eh? Gawd, I hope the world doesn't think they represent the majority...

I'm going for Marshallz's simple explanation... why, it's to hide the embarrassingly large amount of cash stashed, my dear... so the contribution to US revenue is considerably lighter.

Bookmark   May 11, 2012 at 11:54AM
More Discussions
Bill O'Reilly's ongoing lie
Bill O'Reilly Has His Own Brian Williams Problem "*...
momj47
The dress
Okay, so the Department of Homeland Security will close...
Pidge
And now Gov. Walker - is it "pile on the President" week?
Gov. Scott Walker: ‘I don't know’ whether Obama...
momj47
The Universe #2
Just starting up a second thread with mom47's last...
vgkg
Duck Dynasty and Free Speech Award
CPAC is a clown show.I was watching TV today and while...
Pidge
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™