Pepper leaves crinkling and curling

jcav8terJuly 14, 2011

On several of my plants the top leaves are starting to crinkle and curl. Any ideas on what's causing this?

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g254/jcav8ter/Plants/P1020611.jpg

Thanks,

John

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Phildeez(9b)

It can be caused by an array of issues relating to nutrients, temperature, moisture, and pest damage. This time of year the hot weather is curling the top leaves on most of my peppers. Make sure not to over water them and let them grow, the leaf curl should sort itself out.

-Phil

Bookmark   July 14, 2011 at 2:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
esox07

Yep, relatively young ones there. My peppers went through various stages of leaf maladies. They always seemed to snap out of them or I just realized it was a natural condition that didn't warrant any alarm. There may be a real problem with your plants but at this point, I wouldn't do anything drastic to try to fix the issue. Sometimes, you can create a worse issue. Since my plants have gotten older and have fruit on them, I have become much less alarmed when a change takes place in my plants. Probably better for me and my plants that way. I would keep an eye on them and in the mean time only change obvious things. Their color looks fine and they don't seem to be wilting.

Bookmark   July 14, 2011 at 4:07PM
More Discussions
Are you a patron of Padron peppers for tapas?
Or would that be 'tapas (appetizer) de padron a patronis'...
bragu_DSM 5
I had it bookmarked
It looks like it is the whole enchilada, not that cut...
ronnyb123
Need advice on how to suspend shop lights.
So I bought the below metal shelving to house seedling...
peps_22
bad batch of corn … oh
OTOH nothing happened after 26 days with my first batch...
bragu_DSM 5
How's your overwinter going?
How's everyones overwintering going? This was my first...
ozzy2001
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™