need timer for misting

harley_j1April 5, 2006

I am in search of a timer for a misting system to root some cuttings.It needs to be able to be programed to come on in the morning and go off in the evening and cycle for about 6 sec every 2-3 min. i have tried the ones you can get at wallmart but the min. time interval is every 2 hrs. this doesnt work for me too well. Any suggestions on where to find such a timer?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calistoga_al ca 15 usda 9

I bought a Melnor Model 3060 battery operated timer with a mist cycle last year. The shortest cycle allowed is on for two minutes and off for 10. It is resonably priced around $30 I think. Batteries last for several monthes, 2 AA batteries needed. My pet gripe is having to reprogram the cycle when batteries are replaced. Al

Bookmark   April 7, 2006 at 10:38AM
john_ny(z6/7 Sunset 34)

I have one, that I've had for years, from a company called Tork. It is adjustable from 6 to 360 seconds, every 6 minutes. It's 120 volt (no batteries), and costs about $120.00. I also made one from old stuff that was laying around. It runs for 10 seconds, every 10 minutes (close enough), and cost about $10.00

If anyone wants instructions, and diagrams, for building your own, send me an e-mail.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tork

Bookmark   April 8, 2006 at 6:23PM
jblitzfick

If you have a solenoid driven valve you could hook the solenoid up to a gralab model 451 timer(used for darkrooms) - they have this timer on ebay. It is totally programmable(x amount of time every y interval). It has a 120v output that would open your solenoid valve

Bookmark   April 8, 2006 at 9:55PM
mrgpag

Here's one I'm considering

Here is a link that might be useful: misting timer and valve

Bookmark   April 12, 2006 at 7:06AM
jblitzfick

I used the gralab 451(i'm a newbie - just stuck my first plants in the sand yesterday) - I picked it up on ebay for $32 - I like it because it is totally programmable.(I'm playing w/ schedules now). I'd recommend this timer. The only bad thing is that alot of them do not come w/ instructions and the instructions can;t be found on the web. I finally figured out how to program it(after hitting evry button 10 times).

Bookmark   May 10, 2006 at 10:15PM
daneh6366_yahoo_com

Try http://mistkits.com They have the timers you need and complete systems as well. It is a great site for whatever you need. The blog has some great gardening tips too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mistkits.com

Bookmark   December 29, 2008 at 10:03PM
More Discussions
If cuttings have been rooting for 3 weeks, is it ok to now put on heat
I took several cutting of differant plants about 3...
tlbean2004
wanted cuttings for Weeping Willow for Postage
Will pay postage for some cuttings that will grow in...
happytomato2008
Rooting hormone
Hormex is what we always had in the house, but I don't...
zensojourner
Avocado tree from a seed
If I cut the sprout of my avocado tree from the seed,...
ellen1818
Speed up Plant Propagation!
This will not be needed for most plant propagation...
hummersteve
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™