need timer for misting

harley_j1April 5, 2006

I am in search of a timer for a misting system to root some cuttings.It needs to be able to be programed to come on in the morning and go off in the evening and cycle for about 6 sec every 2-3 min. i have tried the ones you can get at wallmart but the min. time interval is every 2 hrs. this doesnt work for me too well. Any suggestions on where to find such a timer?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calistoga_al

I bought a Melnor Model 3060 battery operated timer with a mist cycle last year. The shortest cycle allowed is on for two minutes and off for 10. It is resonably priced around $30 I think. Batteries last for several monthes, 2 AA batteries needed. My pet gripe is having to reprogram the cycle when batteries are replaced. Al

Bookmark   April 7, 2006 at 10:38AM
john_ny(z6/7 Sunset 34)

I have one, that I've had for years, from a company called Tork. It is adjustable from 6 to 360 seconds, every 6 minutes. It's 120 volt (no batteries), and costs about $120.00. I also made one from old stuff that was laying around. It runs for 10 seconds, every 10 minutes (close enough), and cost about $10.00

If anyone wants instructions, and diagrams, for building your own, send me an e-mail.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tork

Bookmark   April 8, 2006 at 6:23PM
jblitzfick

If you have a solenoid driven valve you could hook the solenoid up to a gralab model 451 timer(used for darkrooms) - they have this timer on ebay. It is totally programmable(x amount of time every y interval). It has a 120v output that would open your solenoid valve

Bookmark   April 8, 2006 at 9:55PM
mrgpag

Here's one I'm considering

Here is a link that might be useful: misting timer and valve

Bookmark   April 12, 2006 at 7:06AM
jblitzfick

I used the gralab 451(i'm a newbie - just stuck my first plants in the sand yesterday) - I picked it up on ebay for $32 - I like it because it is totally programmable.(I'm playing w/ schedules now). I'd recommend this timer. The only bad thing is that alot of them do not come w/ instructions and the instructions can;t be found on the web. I finally figured out how to program it(after hitting evry button 10 times).

Bookmark   May 10, 2006 at 10:15PM
daneh6366_yahoo_com

Try http://mistkits.com They have the timers you need and complete systems as well. It is a great site for whatever you need. The blog has some great gardening tips too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mistkits.com

Bookmark   December 29, 2008 at 10:03PM
More Discussions
wanted cuttings for Weeping Willow for Postage
Will pay postage for some cuttings that will grow in...
happytomato2008
Can/do plants propagated asexually by cutting form taproots ?
Can/do plants propagated asexually by cutting form...
Zoztrog
Rootong Juniperus virginiana cuttings?
I need to root some Eastern Juniper or Eastern "Redcedar"...
treeguy123
Plant Propagation, AHS
American Horticultural Society: Plant Propagation. Most...
Hermitian
Germination Chamber
I built this for my wife. The humidity is staying anywhere...
rsteph1000
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™