strangler figs from cuttings, question

archaeogrrrlMay 3, 2013

Hello everyone, first post, so if my etiquette is horrible, I apologize in advance.

I took some cuttings from my very large, very loved strangler fig (I'll add a link to the bottom of the post for a description of the plant), I have five in soil, hopefully rooting, them seem like they are and 3 in water that are rooting.

Does anyone have any idea if I should provide my new plants with some structure to grow on?

It is epiphytic, but I have seen them in the wild growing fine without using another tree if they have access to sun.

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/st250

(yes they do drop fruit, but the birds loved that here, and I adore the roots and vine like tendencies, if anyone is scared off by that description, the trunks and roots are just beautiful)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

Hi & welcome to Gardenweb! You can use the boxes below for links (one to paste the URL, one for a description) so it will be click-able to readers in your post.

You can also use the browse button to add one pic per post to any discussion.

You may want to ask about this on the FL forum. Many of the FL forum folks seem to ask most or all of their questions there since most plants act so differently there. Best of luck to your baby trees!

Here is a link that might be useful: name of the link

Bookmark   May 9, 2013 at 11:20AM
More Discussions
Plant Propagation, AHS
American Horticultural Society: Plant Propagation. Most...
Hermitian
Apple Tree from seed
Hello knowlegeable people! I have some trees started...
bobcat115
Flower buds growing and swelling on callery pear tree cuttings?
i took 12 cuttings of a pretty callery flowering pear...
tlbean2004
If cuttings have been rooting for 3 weeks, is it ok to now put on heat
I took several cutting of differant plants about 3...
tlbean2004
Growing Conifers from cutting.
Hi, I recently took some conifer cuttings ( cedar,...
Joshua Hughes
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™