Transplant

saleveneJuly 12, 2014

I have this pumpkin habanero in a small pot due to space and was just hoping to keep it that way, producing a few pods here and there. However, after the last harvest, the growth just took off and now its way too big for this pot and I think as a result the flowers are all dropping.

The good news is the apartment building is giving me a space to transplant outdoors in a space that receives sun all day. Transplant going live 7 am Monday morning... this baby should be a great producer in a month or two!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stoneys_fatali(9b Duarte,Ca.)

Looks really nice! Perfect spot too.

Stoney

Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 4:58PM
salevene

Thanks. Its a good spot, but only afternoon sun... the plant is definitely healthy, but not so happy in that small pot (and starting to complain a bit). He'll be much happier in the ground getting full sun all day!

I'll keep everyone posted.

Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 6:56PM

I transplanted my Pequin from container to ground and it must have 200-300 pods on it.
How is the weather down there right now?
Hot? Humid?

Stoney

Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 9:14PM
woohooman

Awesome salavene. I've said all along, your plants need more sun. Glad they're finally going to get it.

Stoney: Hell no! he lives in Medellin, also known as the land of "eternal spring." it's like 80F down there year round with sun year round. Perfect for chiles. And Cocaine.. :P

Kevin

Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 11:11PM

Ha!
Yeah, I bet it's perfect for peppers down there :p

Stoney

Bookmark   July 12, 2014 at 11:37PM
salevene

Yup, Kevin nailed it... between 70-80F all year round.

You are right Kevin, and for more sun, I'm really getting some nice peppers at my gf's parent's house where I have the plants outside. I just got allotted more space and I'm going to fill it up with more of the Peruvian Yellow Peppers. (amongst others).. they have amazing flavor, have you ever grown them?

Bookmark   July 13, 2014 at 10:25AM
salevene

I put the pepper into the ground early Monday morning and we've had a nice mix of clouds and sun since then... so far, so good! I'll wait a few weeks for it to get settled in then maybe give it a small dose of ferts. Here she is....

If things go well, I may have to convince them to uproot that sorry looking tree next to it and plant another one!

Bookmark   July 15, 2014 at 5:43PM
More Discussions
Seed soak
IIs 24 hours too long? I won't be home until then....
peps_22
Show Your Seedlings
After all that work, gathering seeds, trying to germinate,...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
Wow! Sure seems slow!
In the midst of seedling season, I would expect the...
woohooman
I had it bookmarked
It looks like it is the whole enchilada, not that cut...
ronnyb123
Hate the new layout
How about you? Usually, I don't care, but this blows. Kevin...
woohooman
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™