Did anyone else get the email from upland nursery?

honeybunny2(Z9TX)August 30, 2012

I got an emaiil from upland nursery. Stating they are on vacation in Manila PHillippines, and were mugged, and all cash and credit cards were stolen, they only have passports, to please send $$$. signed Upland Nursery. I have never called or ordered from them, and think I only looked them up one time on the internet. Where do they get my information from. I best Upland Nursery would love to know they have been highjacked. Barbra

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
honeybunny2(Z9TX)

I decided I would call them, he said they have been hacked into. They have corrected it, and will send emails to eveyone who recd and email. He thought it went to the people who have ordered from them. I told him I have never emailed him, called him or anything, other than looked them up one time on the internet, and I got an email. He thanked me for calling and giving him this additional information. I told him not to worry everyone who got the email knows he was highjacked and knew it was not really them. I wanted to see if he needed a copy of the email, he said he already got it. Barbra

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 4:11PM
beachplant(9b)

I got one of those once from a friend of mine, her account was hacked. Anyone who knows me knows they have a better chance of winning the lottery than me wiring money anywhere.
Scammers everywhere.
Tally HO!

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 5:24PM
Kimberly

I got 2 from them, one like you mentioned above an another that mentions "no subject".

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 8:28PM
DelWH

That is a very common scam that has been going on for several years. If you ever get something like that, first try to contact them by phone. Don't send anything. I heard of one guy who got something like that supposedly from a friend, and he chuckled because he knew his friend wasn't in Scotland (or wherever) since he had just seen him the day before. lol

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 9:41PM
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia

Hi Barbra,

I received the same email from Upland.. Im on another Plumeria Forum and it wass sent to all of them as well. I knew it was bogus and i just deleted it right then..

Another emasil was sent with the title "no subject" that was from the real Uplands saying they were sorry that their account was hacked and now it was fixed.. they apologized for the problem

What a mess...

Take care,

Laura

Bookmark   August 30, 2012 at 9:59PM
More Discussions
Waiting for spring
Most of my plants are starting to get leaves but I...
barb13_gw
Back from the dead.
I'm back. After giving up on this site, they contacted...
tdogdad
winter projects
well, it just finished raining in drought California....
rox146
Any Good Plumeria Nurserys In The Miami Area ?
Hello Gang; Will be spending next weekend in Miami...
edzone9
Need help with a sick Plumeria
Glad to have joined your site and hello from sunny...
mag107
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™