Tree people need work?

pamghatten(wny5)October 21, 2006

I just was reading the "Slow Fall" thread ... many of you have read about Buffalo NY's unusual snow fall that started Oct. 12th. Some suburbs had 2 feet of wet heavy snow dumped on them in a 5 hour period, 250,000 homes were without electricity.

I was one of the lucky ones, I live South of the city and had no snow and only lost power for 18 hours. There are still 25,000+ homes without power and crews from OH, PA, MA, NH, NJ and who knows where else helping out.

Our trees were devastated ... they still had their leaves and the weight of the snow brought down trees and branches everywhere. The hardest hit areas were the City of Buffalo and surrounding older suburbs. It's very sad, the landscape of Buffalo is changed for ever ... Driving around these areas is just mind boggling ... the streets and lawns are covered with limbs and trees.

The local tree companies have pages and pages of people that have called for help .. they have enough work for the next year. So if you are a tree person, and looking for work, there's plenty of it here. Just do us all of favor, and be reasonable (considering the circumstances) about what you are charging. We understand that tree people can charge premium pricing right now, but there's also a lot of gouging going on too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Buffalo News

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pamghatten(wny5)

drop

Bookmark   November 3, 2006 at 1:10PM
inkognito

This is what pisses me off. The above poster has contributed nothing and still thinks it is alright to drop someone elses contribution.

Bookmark   November 3, 2006 at 7:20PM
pamghatten(wny5)

It pisses you off that I dropped my own post? I didn't piss myself off by dropping my own post.

I had originally posted about our storm since I thought professional people here might be interested. When they weren't I dropped my own post.

Guess I don't really see a problem here ....

Bookmark   November 6, 2006 at 1:09PM
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

I daresay ink would like to remove foot from mouth. LOL

Sometimes, pamghatten, we don't post a comment on a new thread so that it CAN stay up at the top for people to see. I'll bet you had plenty of tree companies come up and help, even without putting out the word. Some with a good spirit, and other ready to kick people when they're down. It always happens.

Bookmark   November 7, 2006 at 2:01PM
inkognito

Yeah! sorry about that, nobody's perfect, I share a speech writer with a guy called George but I should know betterer.

Bookmark   November 8, 2006 at 12:35PM
More Discussions
Design Software
My old company has asked me if I would like to be a...
Kirstin Larson
Best wave petunia for hanging baskets???
What do you growers think is the best wave petunia...
Diamond2014
RE: hiring help
I've been the sole gardener at an estate for 15+ years...
dlbk
liners or plugs without a wholesalers licence?
I have a large garden and would like to purchase perennials...
forest_gardener
landscape designer wanted
i live in the San Fernando valley/Sherman Oaks. Looking...
nancy4435
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™