''willow water'' ? I wonder about ''Virginia creeper'' water?

albert_135(Sunset 2 or 3)June 6, 2014

Sporadically ''willow water'' is all the rage I wonder about ''Virginia creeper'' water?

A scrap clipped off a couple of weeks ago is growing out of my compost pile. I wonder if one could extract '' Virginia creeper'' water as a rooting aid.

[I once had a greenhouse and would have done some testing had I known about it. My tinkering is now limited to a few Solo cups but I'm going to try some experiment.]

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

What makes you suspect Parthenocissus quinquefolia would be a good candidate for such a hypothesis?

Bookmark   June 7, 2014 at 11:09PM
albert_135(Sunset 2 or 3)

Brandon, your query as to, is it a ''good candidate for such a hypothesis'' greatly exaggerate the importance of my whimsical notion (Unless you were being facetious. In which case, well taken!). Hardly a conjecture, let alone a hypothesis. Old dictionaries might have called it a flisk.

I am aware that there is nothing in the copiously published phytochemistry of Parthenocissus that would indicate this route.

In any event my fancy was the result of the observation of the rooting and shooting of pieces of trimmings in an unattended compost heap.

Bookmark   June 9, 2014 at 12:20PM
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

No, my query was genuine. I thought maybe there was something that I was overlooking or hadn't thought of that made you post the topic.

That's where GardenWeb teaches me the most...where there is something I've never considered or heard about.

Bookmark   June 9, 2014 at 10:22PM
More Discussions
Rootong Juniperus virginiana cuttings?
I need to root some Eastern Juniper or Eastern "Redcedar"...
treeguy123
Plant Propagation, AHS
American Horticultural Society: Plant Propagation. Most...
Hermitian
Germination Chamber
I built this for my wife. The humidity is staying anywhere...
rsteph1000
Speed up Plant Propagation!
This will not be needed for most plant propagation...
hummersteve
Apple Tree from seed
Hello knowlegeable people! I have some trees started...
bobcat115
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™