'Divine' and Water

monet_gAugust 2, 2010

Is it just me, or does "Divine" need quite a bit more water than the others? I've been attempting to keep my Plumies on the same schedule, but "Divine" appears to need water at shorter intervals.

Gail

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tropicalzone7(7b)

Mine can get dry, but it loves to get a good soaking. I usually soak it every other day whereas my other plumerias get a little drier before I water it. Im not sure why Divine likes more water, but it does. I also have a hard time getting them to lose there leaves in the winter. I know they arent suppose to be evergreen, but mine seems to be!

Bookmark   August 3, 2010 at 2:58AM
monet_g

Thank you for the response. I can now water with more confidence!

Bookmark   August 3, 2010 at 11:44AM
Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia

My Divine loves the water...it seems that I water it twice as much as the others...So we all seem to have the same problem with our Divines!!! Good to know!!!

Laura in VB

Bookmark   August 7, 2010 at 1:02AM
andrew78(6)

I did some research on this plumeria. Tomorrow I am going to order Jungle Jack's plumeria catalog. I love how he lists so many dwarf plumerias, which really is a good idea for me since I have to bring in all my plumerias around end of October. I love this plumeria and after seeing some of the pics here on the forum, I really want it! I wonder because it is a dwarf, if it grows really slow. I am going to email them also tomorrow.
Andrew

Bookmark   August 8, 2010 at 9:58AM
felipo

Love Divine, but I do not have one yet. Is it a prolific bloomer? Very fragrant?

Bookmark   August 8, 2010 at 10:36AM
andrew78(6)

Felipo,
I reread some older posts on this plumeria and someone bought it and they said that when they got it, it had the largest inflo they had everseen, something like 150 flower buds!! I guess they had blooms for 9 months out of the year. In my book, that means prolific! This may be the last polumie I order this season and having it grow so short and compact, a HUGE major plus!
Andrew

Bookmark   August 8, 2010 at 11:14AM
tropicalzone7(7b)

Its a fast grower but the leaves are compact, and it is the best bloomer out of all my plumerias! Mine has 3 inflos in bloom now and the first one has been in bloom since late june and is still going very strong! It has a nice fragrance too that sometimes is pretty strong, but I guess that occurs when conditions are right.
Heres a pic of mine as a few minutes ago (sorry, pic is was taken with my phone so its not the greatest). The older leaves look a little greenish-yellow to me in the picture, but in person they are all very green. Its been in bloom all summer which is a first for my plumerias. I recommend this plumeria to anyone especially someone who has to take there plumerias inside during the winter.

Bookmark   August 11, 2010 at 11:10AM
arctictropical(Z4)

I just bought 3 plants from Jack's about 2-3 weeks ago. Wow, was I pleased with the plants. I bought 'Divine', 'Jack's Mini-White' and 'Delightful'. They all had several growing tips. My Divine had lots of buds ready to open. Here's a pic I took today.

Bookmark   August 15, 2010 at 7:21PM
More Discussions
what do you think of the callus?
The three on the left are hard and appear to be good...
plumeriai45
Inflo from last summer now producing multiple tips!
Hello guys and gals! I have a little situation on my...
Andrew Scott
Just Purchased KALEINANI Plumeria From 1 Stop Aloha On Ebay.
Hello Gang; My 1st purchase from 1 Stop, I read good...
edzone9
neighbor nut
well, I guess it takes all types....we manicure our...
rox146
@ Laura....... :P
Im cutting "Big Papi" in a couple weeks,...
plumejunkie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™