Liverworts and Mogeton 25 wp

sirsedumNovember 16, 2009

Ok, So I may have stated in the past, we grow water plants and ever since I got here, we have had a Liverwort infestation. Now I have been reading some promising research on "quinoclamine" also known as Mogeton 25 WP, and it seems to be fairly effective for controlling both Algae and Liverwort. However after doing all this reading I am unable to find a vendor of this stuff on the internet. I'm sure some of you have better sources of information and for chemical suppliers. Any thoughts or comments. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardengal48

Mogeton is what we used at the wholesale growing nursery I used to work for......and it seemed to be pretty darn effective. My understanding is that is not yet registered for that purpose in this country and may not even be available for sale here. The German owner imported it from Europe. IIRC, your nursery has a European owner also - perhaps he can access it through some of his contacts abroad.

Bookmark   November 18, 2009 at 11:59AM
greenguy32(6b)

Oxyclean.

Bookmark   November 20, 2009 at 5:49PM
johngalt03

Does anyone know a source for Mogeton 25WP? Are there any other known liverwort killers?

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 1:48PM
More Discussions
liners or plugs without a wholesalers licence?
I have a large garden and would like to purchase perennials...
forest_gardener
Best wave petunia for hanging baskets???
What do you growers think is the best wave petunia...
Diamond2014
Being able to purchase plants wholesale
Hello, beside having a retail nursery - what other...
natalie4b
landscape designer wanted
i live in the San Fernando valley/Sherman Oaks. Looking...
nancy4435
Plant photography
I recently ran into this issue on a lilac site. Plants...
Sherwood Botsford
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™