Canyonwind

hazelnutbunny(7A)May 21, 2009

Annie doesn't have a thread yet? How bizarre!

I traded with Annie recently. She sent fantastic plants, packaged them very well AND sent very quickly.

She's also very fun to chat with. :O)

I give her 5 *'s! Yay!

Melissa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Posted by georgia_teacher 8b (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 2, 09 at 16:37

I wanted to join the OBF Harvest swap, but as I had not yet completed a trade, I could not join the group. Without knowing me from anyone, Ann contacted me and offered to do a (I thought!) small, quick seed swap so I could join in the fun. Well, WOW!, just wow. I opened the mailbox today to find a bubble envelope filled with seeds for me. I can't wait to plant them. Thanks so much for the generous trade and the kind welcome, Anne.

Christan

(copied from another thread)

Bookmark   April 5, 2010 at 6:09PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Posted by lovingmy4babies 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 5, 10 at 17:10

I wanted to join OBF and start doing trades with the members in that group, and Annie reached out to me, not knowing me from Adam, and suggested we do a seed trade to get it done quickly so I could join in. Even though I did not have any seeds, she was very accomidating and let me choose a cutting and a plant baby to send out instead. In return, she sent WAY more than what I expected! 6 varieties of Morning Glories instead of the 1 variety I was expecting :) She is very generous and super friendly, not to mention she was super quick with shipping out the seeds :)

(copied from another thread)

Bookmark   April 5, 2010 at 6:11PM
pumkingal(5)

Thank you Anne for my surprise wishes the tourch, and gaillardia burgundy,, thanks so much Lisa

Bookmark   November 26, 2010 at 5:54PM
cryptid(Southern OR 7)

Regarding this year's 3rd annual Secret Santa Seed Swap:

From canyonwind (Annie): A really great card featuring a smiling Santa framed with Holly (looks a lot like the Coca Cola Santa), containg even more wonderful Black Pearl Pepper seeds (Bwahahahaha...love it, love it!) and Borage seeds (Another super culinary/medicinal, most commonly with blue star shaped flowers that turn pinkish when aged due to extended UV light exposure! Also reputedly a good companion plant for legumes, spinach, brassicas, strawberries and tomatoes. Culinarily tastes a lot like Cucumber) Years ago a good framily friend gifted Elly & I with a Borage plant for Christmas, but I haven't grown it since. How totally excellent, now, we're gifted with Borage seeds for Christmas! Thank you so very much, Annie! Wishing you-n-Yours the best this holiday season and always!!

Bookmark   December 29, 2010 at 5:31PM
ivyp(8 oregon)

Thanks for the great seeds in the Secret Santa Seed Swap

Bookmark   January 7, 2011 at 6:31PM
scratchits

Annie adopted me from the newbies thread. She sent me an extremely generous amount of seeds. I can't wait to see them in my garden!!

Thank you so much Annie :)

Bookmark   February 7, 2011 at 12:52PM
hostarookie(6 WV)

I just completed a trade with Annie... she is super generous and very prompt!! Thank you Annie for the trade and for helping me to become an OBF'er!! :-)

Em

Bookmark   February 18, 2011 at 3:25PM
ishareflowers

Annie is a great trader and a great person! We have traded several times and she is one of the best...Thanks Annie

Lisa

Bookmark   April 14, 2011 at 5:46PM
redthreaddiy(6a MI)

Canyonwind sent 4 new tomato seed varieties for the secret santa swap! Thessaloniki, Andrew Rahart's, Adventure, and Jersey Giant. I cannot WAIT to look those up! I am especially excited about Adventure. That sounds awesome! I also LOVE giant tomatoes so I'm excited about Jersey Giant. The other ones sound classic so I'm sure they will be delicious as well. Thank you so much for sending these and for being so generous!!!

Bookmark   December 8, 2011 at 4:30PM
NancyPlants(5bNEKs)

canyonwind/Annie sent a safely packaged secret santa card with 3 wonderful seed packs. I appreciate the time she took to find seeds that were on my 'wish list'.

Thank you Annie and ~Merry christmas~

Bookmark   December 9, 2011 at 9:15PM
dem_pa

I received a great package from Annie in the KISS ornament swap. She outdid herself. Thanks so much.

Don

Bookmark   December 14, 2011 at 1:36PM
apoppyfield(8)

Wonderful heirloom tomatos from the Secret Santa Swap. A few fancy poppies too. Thanks so much. A

Bookmark   December 15, 2011 at 8:12PM
oliveoyl3

Thanks Annie for checking my wish list & sending me a secret santa swap Christmas card filled with 3 types of oriental greens from Baker Creek (Wong Bok-Mandarin, Tatsoi, & Mizuna). My sister gave me a catalog once, but I've never had their seeds. Healthy meals ahead for my family!
Merry Christmas, Corrine

Bookmark   December 19, 2011 at 12:04PM
ishareflowers

Annie shared her seeds and sent me an adorable angela ornament for my tree in the secret santa swap...she's one of the best!

Thank you Annie

Lisa

Bookmark   December 26, 2011 at 9:01AM
molly_and_me(9)

Annie is a generous Garden Web member and a great Secret Santa. Thanks for the card and all the wonderful seeds.

You are the best!

Bookmark   December 27, 2011 at 3:19PM
littleonefb(zone 5, MA)

Annie responded to my BEAP offer and it was a pleasure to send her the seeds. Sent the bubblie promptly with everything needed, and let me know that she got the seeds.

Hope to trade with her in the future.

Fran

Bookmark   March 3, 2012 at 1:22AM
flowergirl34(5 Upstate NY)

Annie was a terrific addition to the MNF's Feb. H~E~A~R~T Swap 2012 we had on the Round Robin.

A definite GW asset.
Happy Sowing!
vina

Bookmark   March 3, 2012 at 2:13PM
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska(5)

Annie went above and beyond anything I could have envisioned in the March FOTESS Swap on the Round Robin. She is very generous with seeds and since it was March everything came with coordinating green paper!

Bookmark   March 8, 2012 at 7:27PM
babelsrus(7bNC)

Annie adopted me from the adopt a newbie thread. I am so impressed by her wonderful generous spirit. She surprised me with above and beyond what I hoped for. I can not begin to express how grateful I am for this experience. A pleasure from the start. I hope to stay in touch and to be able to repay her generosity.

Bookmark   March 18, 2012 at 8:58AM

Annie went so above and beyond for the April 2012 FOTESS "What Was I Thinking?" Swap that I can't even describe how wonderful it was. Her poem she wrote me brought tears to my eyes. Not to mention her thoughtfulness with everything she chose for my package.

Annie is without a doubt one of the sweetest people you could ever "meet" on the GW!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
vina :)

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 10:23AM

I am hear once again to sing Annie's praises.

She was a terrific member of the June OBF Mayed in the USA swap on the round robin.

Thank you for being a great trade partner! :)
vina

Bookmark   June 4, 2012 at 8:33AM
smitties

Received a box from Annie in an OBF swap and she went well beyond what was required to be sent. This was a box full of marvelous goodies. Thank you Annie

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 10:04PM
dem_pa

I recently received my end of the Fresh and Cool Swap from Annie. Again she outdid herself. Thanks.

Don

Bookmark   July 30, 2012 at 6:07PM

I just wanted to thank Annie for participating in the OBF October 2012 THE WITCH IS IN Swap on the Round Robin. A super nice lady and a wonderful swapper!

Thanks so much Annie!
Happy Blooms!
vina

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 10:49AM
smitties

Annie sent a wonderful box in our recent Fostess First Anniversary swap. What a great celebration in a box. Thanks so much Annie. A box well done. Margo

Bookmark   November 5, 2012 at 10:58PM
sjc48

Just received generous amounts of seeds and a pretty card from Annie in the Secret Santa Swap - Many Thanks!
I've swapped with Annie in several other swaps and she is generous, thoughtful and FUN!
Shirley!

Bookmark   December 21, 2012 at 8:45PM
chefconnie(5)

Thank yo uso much for the lovely card and seeds! I can tell you took great care and thought when packing them. Thank you for blessing me this Christmas season.

Bookmark   December 24, 2012 at 7:46AM
alwaysagarden(CA 9b)

Ann sent me a lovely card and great seeds in the Secret Santa Swap. Thank you very much!!

Cindy

Bookmark   December 25, 2012 at 10:17PM
smitties

Thank you again for the card and seeds in our Secret Santa swap. Margo

Bookmark   December 26, 2012 at 9:33PM
poisondartfrog

Thank you Annie, for the card and wonderful seeds in the Secret Santa Swap. I will enjoy those tomatoes!
Alana

Bookmark   December 31, 2012 at 4:14PM
paulan70(5)

Just did a Santa Swap with Anne and she sent me some great seeds that I have been wanting. I would trade/swap with her again. Thanks

Paula

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 5:20AM
socalgardengal

Thank you for your generosity Annie! The seeds you sent me in the secret santa swap are very much appreciated. Happy New Year!

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 4:43PM
kchd(7b/8a MS)

Annie sent me a lovely card and some great seeds for the Secret Santa Swap this year. Thanks so much!

Katie

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 6:34PM
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska(5)

Secret Santa Swap provided 2 kinds of poppies! I am, I am, I am going to get poppies to grow and bloom this year! Great xmas card suprises.
Heidi

Bookmark   January 2, 2013 at 7:58PM
hibiscusfan zone5-Northwest Ohio(5 northwest Ohio)

Annie sent me a nice Christmas card and seed bags for the Dec. FOTESS swap. Thank you very much! Suzanne

Bookmark   January 4, 2013 at 9:09AM
Melinda Hagen

Annie send a wonderful card and nice seeds to me in the 2012 SSS! I am thrilled, thanks so much! Melinda

Bookmark   January 13, 2013 at 10:06AM
l1oness(5)

I swapped with Annie during the FOTESS Snowflake swap. She sent me a packet full of wonderful things, including wonderful mints, vanilla sugar, and a stack of seeds. Thank you so much!

Bookmark   January 30, 2013 at 8:54PM
cryptid(Southern OR 7)

Annie, so glad you joined this year's 6th annual "Secret Santa Seed Swap" Round Robin! Thank you for the really cute card with the Lab pups and ornament balls on it, and for the unique cabbage seed varieties! Everything arrived in excellent condition. - Hope you have a beautiful, bountiful garden this coming season!

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 10:36PM
SusieQsie_Fla

I got your Christmas card with the lettuce seeds, Annie, and I really appreciate them.
Some are already germinated and I love watching them grow! Thanks so much.

Have a great Gardening Year 2014~
Susie

Bookmark   December 30, 2013 at 8:13PM
Melinda Hagen

Annie sent me an adorable Christmas card and some very much wanted seeds this year in the SSS. I loved them all and thanks for making my Christmas brighter!

Bookmark   January 2, 2014 at 6:07PM
kchd(7b/8a MS)

I received a great card and some wonderful seeds from Annie in the Secret Santa Swap. Thank you so much, Annie for spreading holiday cheer this season!

Bookmark   January 29, 2014 at 10:39PM
Melinda Hagen

Just finished another great swap on Round Robin that she hosted! She is definitely the hostess with the moistest! Always has lots of fun games, great prizes and a wonderful imagination in putting together her swaps! Don't hesitate to join one of her swaps! They are always great!

Bookmark   October 31, 2014 at 12:36PM
brittneysgran

Canyonwind has hosted so many amazing swaps with the OBF Group. She sends when she says and has tons of prizes and fun with her hosting. So happy that she is a part of our OBF Group.

Bookmark   October 31, 2014 at 10:38PM
bluee19(Zone 9)

She hosted a NICE SWAP and gave great prizes. I would recommend her for any trade because she is one of the nicest person I know.

Bookmark   November 1, 2014 at 7:56PM
cottonwood468

Annie was my sending partner in OBF Storybook. My package arrived on time filled with goodies. And I used the rainbow paring knife she sent, to carve my huge Halloween pumpkin. She sent wonderful seeds, too.

Bookmark   November 2, 2014 at 8:59AM
poisondartfrog

Annie is a grand partner and was creative and thoughtful in the FOTESS Anniversary Swap.

Bookmark   November 2, 2014 at 10:29AM
Melinda Hagen

Just rec'd some wonderful seeds from Annie in the OBF November swap! A delight to receive and trade with her. Great person! Melinda

Bookmark   December 1, 2014 at 4:31PM
Melinda Hagen

Just rec'd a beautiful card from Annie in the Secret Santa Swap! And 3 packs of very much wanted seeds! I am thrilled, as always she sends great things and brightens your day even when she doesn't have to! Thanks so very much!

Bookmark   December 11, 2014 at 5:43PM
Panhandle_Seed_Swap(8 Florida Panhandle)

Annie (canyonwind) is incredibly thoughtful and generous. Packages from Annie are so exciting, because she really cares about making you happy. She is literally one of my FAVORITE people. Thank you, Annie!

Sheri

Bookmark   December 14, 2014 at 10:00AM
ishareflowers

What can I say about Annie?

I was lucky enough to be one of the people that Annie sent to in the secret santa swap. She sent me 5 packs of commercial seeds. She is and always has been a very generous person.

If you get the chance to trade with Annie, I assure you, you will not be disappointed!

Lisa/ishare

Bookmark   December 20, 2014 at 6:02AM
bluee19(Zone 9)

Participated in OBF December Grinch Swap and won the swap by Canyonwind. She is a gal with many surprises up her sleeves. The package was neatly packaged, wrapped, and organized. She was generous and kind to give more than she had to. That is the type of gal Canyonwind (Annie) is and you DEFINITELY WILL NOT be disappointed.

Bookmark   December 26, 2014 at 9:26AM
SusieQsie_Fla

Annie, I so appreciate the seeds you sent me in this year's Secret Santa Swap! The Musa Zebrina is a magical touch for my "tropical" seeds on my wish list - thanks so much for taking the time to pull that out of your hat! And I love the tomato seeds, too.

Have a great garden this coming season!

Susie

Bookmark   December 30, 2014 at 9:13PM
poisondartfrog

I got a lovely card and seeds from Annie in the SS Swap. She is always a delightful swap partner and all 'round great gal!

Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 10:06AM
l1oness(5)

I received a very nice church birdhouse card from Anne (canyonwind) in the Secret Santa Swap. Enclosed were two types of lettuce (buttercrunch and red romaine) and some greensleeves dill. Thank you!

Bookmark   January 1, 2015 at 3:32PM
MarthaP123(7 ARK)

Have just been adopted as a newbie by Canyonwind. I am super excited to become a part of this site. Thanks for your generous spirit Canyonwind!

Bookmark   January 7, 2015 at 8:30PM
smitties

Thank you Annie for the seeds you sent in our SSS this year. You're the best. Margo

Bookmark   January 9, 2015 at 11:56AM
MarthaP123(7 ARK)

I was lucky enough to be adopted as a "newbie" by Canyonwind. When I received my seed package I was just overwhelmed by her generous spirit. I will be able to do a serious garden with the amount and diversity of seeds that she sent. Annie, you are the best!

Bookmark   January 24, 2015 at 2:30PM
More Discussions
EricaBraun
Responded to my free veggie pack. Followed instructions...
LullabyF360
mcc371
I traded seed with Tammy (mcc371), and the trade went...
l1oness
SunshineGal
I just had a really enjoyable trade with Sherie, who...
cryptid
Dani74
Goes by Ashley or Danielle in her emails. Anyone know...
Nicky
jensyen
Awesome trade !!! Everything about the trade was easy...
ryanwillian
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™