Euphorbia 'Diamond Frost' cuttings in water

mary_littlerockar(8a-7b mid Arkansas)July 27, 2009

How many roots should a cutting of Euphorbia 'Diamond Frost' have before moving into potting soil? The cutting has now been in water for five days and the longest roots are about one inch: From __Garden Flowers - plants

I'd like to propagate a lot of plants from the mama plant to use as filler for my beds. From __Garden Flowers - plants

As always, my thanks for your time and advice.

Mary

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
echinaceamaniac(7)

I let mine get about 3/4 to 1 inch in length. I love these too. They are so easy to root. I've tried rooting them directly in soil, but they don't root that way. Water is definitely the way to go. They make good houseplants in the winter. Don't they.

Bookmark   July 30, 2009 at 4:53PM
mary_littlerockar(8a-7b mid Arkansas)

Thank you so much for this information. I need to get that one out of the water and potted! I've been waiting to hear from someone and now my cutting has a gob of roots. Rooting things in water is very new to me. It's good to know that it can be rooted and potted within a matter of a week. How great is that.

I don't have experience with over wintering this plant so it's also helpful to know it will do well as a houseplant. My plan is to over winter mama plant and come next spring, I'll be set to go.

Mary

Bookmark   July 31, 2009 at 10:23AM
echinaceamaniac(7)

Mary - You did right. You want as many roots as possible. Your plant will do so well since you let it get big roots. As long as the plant is green you're good to go. I planted mine directly outside in pots. They didn't wilt or anything. Put in a very sunny window/location inside.

Bookmark   July 31, 2009 at 11:26AM
More Discussions
Avocado tree from a seed
If I cut the sprout of my avocado tree from the seed,...
ellen1818
Clonex gel turned liquid
When my Clonex gel was about a year old and I went...
jbclem
wanted cuttings for Weeping Willow for Postage
Will pay postage for some cuttings that will grow in...
happytomato2008
propagating persimmon with cutting.
i read same subject in this forum and finding that...
bullet08
'cloning machines' are they any good?
I've looked at some photos (on a website) that show...
tete_a_tete
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™