Why are branches getting thicker?

labland(Inland Valley CA9)August 5, 2011

This sounds stupid I know, but thought I would get confirmation. My Lemon Yellow started blooming this year for the first time. I can't remember if I bought it early last season, or late the season before (I need to start keeping notes!).

Anyway, I have noticed that yes, the branches are a it long, but I notice thst the diameter of the. Branches is getting thicker new growth, probably started since I bought it.

Do you think this is because of a change in fertilizers? If so, I like the results!

Guess I will be cutting sime branches this year when it becomes dormant.

Also, thought I would add a photo of a spider web that showed up this morning. Neat! I wasn't sure if it would show up in the photo but it did.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
springpaintings

That's good right! The diameter of my plumeria's trunk and branches are getting larger too. I thought mine was a goner when I first bought it. The trunk and branches were soft and lifeless. It took 3 months, and a lot of patience on my part, for it to come back to life. I just use regular miracle grow all purpose fertilizer. My neighbor uses manure to fertilize everything but I don't think I can stand the smell to try it.

Bookmark   August 7, 2011 at 1:11AM
More Discussions
Waiting for spring
Most of my plants are starting to get leaves but I...
barb13_gw
update wrong time of year cuttings.
So several months ago I showed the 2 cuttings given...
rox146
How To Give Away Plumeria
I bought a plumeria (gorgeous pinks and yellows) before...
treehugger101
I think I killed my plumeria...
I brought my two plants inside for the winter, and...
mitragorz
Just Purchased KALEINANI Plumeria From 1 Stop Aloha On Ebay.
Hello Gang; My 1st purchase from 1 Stop, I read good...
edzone9
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™