Totally Tomatos

sdrawkcab(7)January 22, 2007

I have ordered several times and always been satisfied. on the tomatos forum there are some who think a few seeds are misrepresented but for the casual gardener i believe they offer excelent value and selection for the price.

shipping is a bit slow (took about 2 weeks) but it is worth the wait and i can't start the seeds for another month or two anyway.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tracey_nj6(6)

My BIL orders from them every year; tomato plants called "Big Zac". They're incredible! I've ordered seeds from them, and have been happy with their service and the germination. The only thing I'm unhappy about is that I'd LOVE to order plants, but they come in packs of 8 (I believe), which is way too much for me. I can't convince BIL to spare 2 of them :(

Bookmark   February 14, 2007 at 9:26AM
oakleif(z6 AR)

I've ordered from Totally Tomatos several times and was totally happy with seeds and service.

Bookmark   February 25, 2007 at 2:33AM
galium

I've ordered from them and was very happy with the speed of delivery and the product. They also sent me free seeds. I recently placed another order with them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Totally Tomatoes

Bookmark   April 5, 2007 at 7:34AM
calliope(6)

I haven't ever been disappointed in their seeds and never seen any represented to be something better or different than what they are. In fact, they could use more bragging on some of those varieties.

I like them because of their selections. Fantastic choices if you're a tomato freak like I am. Have also ordered pepper seeds from them. I had good germination on their product too and that sometimes doesn't happen with other companies. I haven't ordered from them in a few years but am planning on it for next spring.

Bookmark   October 21, 2007 at 12:52AM
bill548

Ordered first time last year. Arrived in about a week altough I never did received the two topsy turvey I ordered and paid for.

Excellent germination rate although the Supersonics were smaller than normal. Not unexpectd considering the drought we have been under. The peppers were outstanding in terms of both yield and quality.

Bookmark   January 2, 2008 at 10:27PM
dancinglemons(7B VA)

Thanks for the FYI. They sent me a catalog and I marked some interesting varieties to try. Now with the recommendations here I will not be afraid to order.

DL

Bookmark   February 11, 2008 at 3:28AM
Phiphirn

The seeds arrived rapidly and they started the same way. Within one week I had them sprouting out of the starting medium and they haven't stopped since. I had an unbelievable germination rate of 90-95% which for me is fantastic. I did use the new ground palm leaves which I like better than anything else I have tried; no damping off. The tomatoes I am planting now are 2 months old and some are over a foot tall having spent the last month in my little greenhouse. Will never go anywhere else for tomato seed.

Bookmark   May 8, 2012 at 1:54PM
More Discussions
directgardening.com
I'm not sure this outfit needs any more bad publicity...
garystpaul
Tricia's Garden Store N More
This vendor is a relatively new and still small, but...
spiderwoman
Anybody use Nature Hills Nursery?
Nature Hills Nursery (Omana, NE) is one of the few...
sbratcher
Anyone used Starkbros.com??? or have other recs?
I'm trying to purchase a bonfire peach but cannot find...
tgleaves
Banana Trees (Greenearth Publishing Inc. bananaplants.net)
Found this vendor while surfing this website and had...
tbird2252
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™