fastonetime aka Juan Martin

bigred(z8 Ark.)June 7, 2012

Once again I let my plant lust override my hard and fast rule NOT to trade w/ someone I didn't have a good trade history with or at least,they had at least 5 positive R&R.

Took about a week o firm up a trade with this person for some choice plant material. Mailed out my end of trade on May 29,2012 w/ confirmation. After 9 days of hearing nothing more...I emailed to inquire if they had received plants and when I could expect them to send their end only to receive curt email that their daughter had been diagnosed w/ asthma and they had dr. and medical bills to pay and being that their daughter was their main concern,wouldn't/couldn't afford to send their end. That's all well and good but since I am a retired person on a fixed income and a husband w/ medical problems,I can ill afford to ship something for nothing myself.

So I hope your daughter does well but I also hope I don't see you back on the boards trying to set up any more trades.

Juan Martin is not this person real name which should have set off more warning bells when I received email with yet another name.

Peggy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kayjones(Mo6b)

Peggy, what is the name and address you used to MAIL these plants out? This is MAIL FRAUD and carries hefty penalties. Did you get a confirmation that it had been delivered to a real address? If so, get ahold of your State's Attorney and file a complaint. They can get at least your postage back.

Bookmark   June 7, 2012 at 6:15PM
greengirl2009

Bigred,
This "trader" is still at it. Similar experience but only for cost of seeds in September. You are correct I thought it strange when a different name was sent for the mailing address. I added a note on post so others would be aware. There was no response to the email I sent in followup. Grateful for all the wonderful trades- and traders- that came before I encountered this person. Sorry.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 11:10AM
bigred(z8 Ark.)

greengirl...sorry to hear that. If I see her posting again,I will not hesitate to warn people on her post. Please let me know if you see her on here again.Is she still posting under fastonetime/Juan Martin or using another screen name?

Bookmark   October 7, 2012 at 8:00AM
More Discussions
frugal_gardening
Just completed a great trade with Joanna. Nice seed...
terrigail_gw
Frankielynnsie
I want to give this trader my highest recommendation....
sweet_betsy No AL Z7
ddkcat
Very prompt and generous. I look forward to trading...
aaaccc
Southerngardening24
Just completed a nice trade with Katrin. She most generously...
lorabell NC
KatJaqu
have just completed a good trade with KatJaqu. no hassles,...
leila hamaya
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™