virginia creeper, lilac and an un named tree/over grown bush

maidinmontanaJuly 12, 2007

I have all of these in my yard thanks mostly to my neighbor whom I sahre a fence with. I like all of the above mentioned and would like to try rooting cuttings or suckers from them. I already cut some from the overgrown bush and stuck it in water it wilted the first day, but that was before I read here and what to do. How do you do virginia creeper sucker/stem cutting? lilac, how do you dig the suckers when it is against a fence? And here is a pic of the mystery bush hopefully someone will recognize it. TIA to any and all.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zozzl(z9 FL)

Somebody on another post about rooting in water said they rooted virginia creeper in a glass of water in about 3 days.

Bookmark   July 13, 2007 at 9:01AM
esh_ga

The pictures are not accessible. Go into your album and click on the HTML tag under your picture. Come back here and paste that into this message. When you preview your message, you should see the picture.

Bookmark   July 27, 2007 at 11:01PM
maidinmontana

here is a pic of the bush, still haven't been able to root from cuttings. I don't know what kind of bush/shrub it is.

close up

Thanks.

Bookmark   July 28, 2007 at 9:29AM
esh_ga

Ok, now we can see the pictures! Do you remember it having any flowers on it? If so, can you describe them (color, shape, single/clusters)?

Bookmark   July 28, 2007 at 10:55AM
maidinmontana

Nope, no flowers. It just grows and grows. I trimmed it and stuck the cuttings in water but they dried up and never did show roots.

Bookmark   July 30, 2007 at 10:31AM
docmom_gw Zone 5 MI(5)

Virginia creeper is very easy to start from seed. There are berries on mine now, and when they've dried on the vine, I'll collect the berries and peel the berry off the seeds and wintersow them (see the wintersowing forum). The one time I tried to transplant several plants, they all wilted and died within hours, it seemed.

Martha

Bookmark   August 14, 2007 at 1:15PM
More Discussions
plant growth regulators
Hi all, just found this web site selling plant growth...
stoker128
Cuttings and Moon Phases
I'm wondering if the moon phases, fruitful or barren...
luvs2plant
Can Budwood be too small, or thin?
When grafting should I try to obtain close to pencil...
figbear (8b coastal carolina)
wanted cuttings for Weeping Willow for Postage
Will pay postage for some cuttings that will grow in...
happytomato2008
Avocado tree from a seed
If I cut the sprout of my avocado tree from the seed,...
ellen1818
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™