Does Anyone Still Make A Battery Mister Timer?

roserx(8)July 30, 2007

I am seeking a battery mister timer until I can hardwire an electric one. I believe Melnor made one, model #3060, but that model number also pertains to their 6 cycle electronic non-mister timer. I am looking for one that will mist for 1-2 min every 10-15 min during the daylight hours.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plantman118

While not advertised as a mister timer I believe this would work for you. http://www.mrdrip.com/propagationtimers.htm

Bookmark   August 1, 2007 at 8:18AM
inthegarden_k(z7 NC)

the current Melnor 3060 Duo Timer (two outlets, only 1 of which is on the timer) has a misting cycle...it isn't part of the description, but it is there. for each cycle you can choose to turn the mist for 2 minutes, off for 6 minutes option. i ordered it from amazon. i actually prefer it to the older version, which i also have primarily because it uses a 9 volt battery rather than the AAs used by the older model, and the 9V lasts longer for me.

Here is a link that might be useful: melnor electronic 3060 Duo AquaTimer

Bookmark   August 4, 2007 at 2:37PM
john13(Oregon z8)

When I went to Amazon and looked at the Melnor timer, alot of people had very bad things to say about that timer. It is a good price for what you get. I haven't really been able to find a better timer unless I go up to alot more money. But with all of the bad comments, I am hesitant to buy it.

So, is anyone using this Melnor timer here and liking it? Any other timers you can suggest for mist propagation?

Thanks!
Karen

Bookmark   August 23, 2007 at 6:32PM
mickey_dee2002(zone5 MI)

Here is both an electric 6 station and a 1 station battery timer. http://www.easycart.net/ecarts/dripsupply/TIMERS_PROPAGATION.html

Bookmark   August 24, 2007 at 9:30AM
jimmyjojo

Better than a timer is a thing called an electronic leaf. You set the leaf moisture desired and it only mists when it dries past that moisture level.

Here is a link that might be useful: electronic leaf

Bookmark   August 25, 2007 at 10:00PM
inthegarden_k(z7 NC)

i have 6 of the melnors--3 different types (i think they have a new model every year). of the original 2, purchased 2 years ago, one went bad within a month (wouldn't turn on with a new battery). all the others have worked fine since purchase. i like the misters--they have made the difference betwen rooted cuttings and dead cuttings. can't beat the price.

Bookmark   August 28, 2007 at 11:34PM
More Discussions
Flower buds growing and swelling on callery pear tree cuttings?
i took 12 cuttings of a pretty callery flowering pear...
tlbean2004
wanted cuttings for Weeping Willow for Postage
Will pay postage for some cuttings that will grow in...
happytomato2008
Can/do plants propagated asexually by cutting form taproots ?
Can/do plants propagated asexually by cutting form...
Zoztrog
Why do some daffodils never increase in numbers?
(This has been cross-posted.) I'm really confused with...
tete_a_tete
I'm Lazy--What can you root in plain old water???
Are there any perennials that you can just put in water...
love2weed
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™