Summer Hill Seeds

karyn1(7a)January 12, 2007

SHS has some unusual varieties at great prices. Delivery is quick and extras have been included with both of my orders. I recently purchased the seeds and have yet to plant them but they look like nice, healthy seeds, firm with no broken pieces in the packs. I can't wait to get them in the garden.

Karyn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
medontdo(8)

i like summer hill seeds, they let me know every step where i was in the process. processing order, packaging, shipping, shipped. in 3 days i had my order!! i am very very pleased with these people!! they sent a bonus pack and i was very pleased with that!! all my seeds look great!! i would highly recomend them!! i will definaltely order from them again!!

Bookmark   February 25, 2008 at 11:02PM
gladzoe(3a)

How was every one's germination rates? They have the kind of begonia seed I want and the shipping rate is reasonable.

Bookmark   October 5, 2008 at 2:37PM
sheltieche

germination rates are good. Begonia seed is tiny and PITA to start due to it. But they will. If you want to start them you should do it now under the lights.

Bookmark   November 10, 2008 at 10:12AM
bigred(z8 Ark.)

Recently made my first purchase w/ Summer Hill. Prompt,healthy seeds in nice neat packages w/ growing info.Nice handwriten note on the invoice. Will be more than happy to order from this company again.

Peggy

Bookmark   December 16, 2008 at 10:45AM
nancy_drew(5 nw chgo burbs)

I'll buy from them again! One of my favorite places to order from!

Bookmark   February 28, 2009 at 10:29AM
marilenav1

Summer Hill Seeds does have some interesting seed available. The packages contain very little seed although it is exactly what they state. If they state 10 seeds per pack, then that's what you get.

The pelleted seed I received last year arrived crushed. I order pelleted seed because I want to sow it in cells. I didn't order pelleted seed in 2009 anymore after I received the crushed seed.

The Begonia seed (and I tried twice) did not germinate at all. It was pelleted and crushed. For what it's worth, they are okay but I would rate Swallowtail Garden Seeds as a far superior company.

Bookmark   March 9, 2009 at 4:17PM
karyn1(7a)

I've bought several times since my first post and have been satisfied with every purchase. I've never received any damaged seeds and have had excellent germination rates. With my most recent order I'd inquired about a seed that was out of stock wanting to know if she'd be getting anymore. She sent a note with my order indicating that she couldn't get the seeds but sent me some seeds that were in the same family as a bonus.

Bookmark   April 18, 2009 at 8:05AM
More Discussions
Home Depot, why throw out healthy plants?
The other day I went to HD located in Rhode Island....
Rescueplants
Almost Eden
I'm happy to say I've come across another great online...
karyn1
Pinetree Seeds
If you haven't ordered from this company give it a...
galium
Cactusbylin.com
I won an echinopsis plant on Ebay and paid via Paypal....
fleurkat
directgardening.com
I'm not sure this outfit needs any more bad publicity...
garystpaul
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™