American Meadows

Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)February 23, 2007

I just found a very wrong listing in their on-line catalog.

They have Fern Leaf Peony listed for $7.95, when it is not actually the costly Fern Leaf...Paeonia tenuifolia, but instead the much cheaper and more common Paeonia officinalis Rubra Plena.

I have written to inform them of their 'error' in their listing and will update with their reply.

I'm so glad I did not order and end up an actual disappointed customer.

Sue

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

The 'President' himself quickly replied and thanked me for bringing it to their attention, and is sending me a Thank You Gift Certificate.

I see the on line catalog has already been updated to the correct information. That was quick!

They have many things on sale 50% off now and show that many bulbs will be going on sale in May as well!

I'm off to shop for some purdy great bargains with the certificate.

Sue

Bookmark   February 23, 2007 at 1:27PM
whatcheer(z4 Ia)

I have ordered from this company for about 3 years. I always get large healthy plants. I order from them almost exclusively now.

Bookmark   March 1, 2007 at 2:40PM
honeybunny442(z6 TN)

I had a bad experience ordering from them the first time, but since then have nothing but praise! Great big bulbs and healthy. Plus, they sometimes throw in an extra, which I always like!

Bookmark   April 28, 2008 at 11:33AM
roxy_girl(7b Weatherford TX)

I just received my first order from American Meadows today and it was HORRIBLE! BUYER BEWARE!!! I had to make 3 subs on this one order alone and then was shipped the most sickly/ugly/brown/dry/DEAD plants I've ever gotten from a mail order company!!!!! I for one will NOT be a return buyer from this company EVER! Annie's order is on the left and AM order is on the left...which order would you rather receive? I spent about $90 on each order, needless to say I got RIPPED OFF!

Bookmark   May 26, 2010 at 2:20PM
roxy_girl(7b Weatherford TX)

Well American Meadows did offer me a full refund, no questions asked. So I'll give them that but that's about all I'll give em! Lesson learned!

Bookmark   May 27, 2010 at 1:43PM
starrattl_bellsouth_net

I've been a consistently HAPPY customer of American Meadows for 2 years, every season I order something. I've just planted over 150 bulbs of many varieties and am more than pleased, also was shipped a few extra bulbs in each bag. The bulbs are beautiful and healthy. I will remain a customer of American Meadows as long as I'm gardening, which will be always.

Bookmark   January 25, 2011 at 3:45PM
MikeLizotte

Thanks to all for their American Meadows reviews! At American Meadows we welcome your reviews, testimonials and feedback of both our gardening products and our service. We strive to satisfy every customer and as some of the reviews below indicate, everything thing we sell comes with our 100% satisfaction guarantee. American Meadows appreciates you taking the time to provide your feedback. Happy Gardening! Sincerely, your friends at American Meadows.

Bookmark   October 12, 2011 at 11:22AM
WebChemist(10A CA)

I ordered a Kiwi Gold Raspberry cane earlier this year. Being a dormant cane it didn't have any leaves but I was pleasantly surprised how well it was packaged for shipment, and that it included soil instead of news paper or hamster shavings that roots sometimes get packed in.

One of the customer reps warned me via email ahead of time that I would not be covered by the 100% satisfaction guarantee since the plant was zone 4-8 and I'm in 10, but so far it seems quite happy and is thriving quite nicely. I was a little annoyed her warning delayed my order shipping but I did appreciate the notice and the option to cancel.

I would definitely consider ordering again if they expanded their live plant selection to include more fruit cultivars I'd be interested in growing.

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 3:41PM
ceci1628(6b)

I've been happy with American Meadows as well. I always wait for the sale prices on the spring perennials and sometimes they have the buy one get one free special on top of that. Bare root plants but nice and big. My itoh peonies are blooming this year!

Bookmark   June 4, 2014 at 12:19AM
More Discussions
Seedman.com? Anygood?
I just ordered about $45 worth of different seeds,...
Cubawashere
Willis Orchards online
In all my years ordering products online, I have never...
sutton31
Cactusbylin.com
I won an echinopsis plant on Ebay and paid via Paypal....
fleurkat
Say bye bye to Ty Ty Nursery
I was lied to, cheated and ripped off by TY TY Nursery;...
njm121
Sampleseeds.com
I have placed 2 orders for seeds in the past 4 months...
valal111
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™