Cistus Nursery

eclpsprinc(Z9 CA)March 8, 2007

I ordered from Cistus for the first time. Just received my plants. I ordered Abutilon Tangelo and Impatiens Namchabarwensis. Wow! Super green and healthy. They far exceeded my expectations. They have quite an extensive catalog containing some harder-to-find stuff. No pictures, but if you know what you are looking for... I will definitely order from them again.

www.cistus.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Embothrium(USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA)

The value of a place like this is those items which are genuine exclusives (their own introductions) or effectively exclusives (rare or nearly absent elsewhere in commerce). Being in California, you will have an interest in much of their Mediterranean-climate adapted offerings. A similar operation is Colvos Creek nursery, Vashon, WA. Heronswood nursery was also a sister ship when it was in the original Kingston, WA location, under the direction of its founders. The offering appears to have been severely reduced since it was moved back East.

For a new outlet of this type (rare selections, often collected or selected by the owner(s) themselves, with an emphasis on or at least significant portion of dryland or mild climate plants)...

Here is a link that might be useful: Welcome to THE DESERT NORTHWEST!

Bookmark   March 8, 2007 at 2:55PM
More Discussions
Suggestions for places to buy Daylilies
Can anyone share the names of places to buy Daylilies...
carota18
Swallowtail Seeds
I have ordered seeds in the past couple months from...
valal111
Other names for 4 Seasons Nursery and Burgess
Here are the names this horrible outfit does business...
bstnh1
directgardening.com
I'm not sure this outfit needs any more bad publicity...
garystpaul
Say bye bye to Ty Ty Nursery
I was lied to, cheated and ripped off by TY TY Nursery;...
njm121
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™