just chill !

rodnebridges(7b)July 24, 2012

Sometimes we just have to sit back and enjoy last year's peppers (in some habanero infused tacos or whatever you might have ! , and let this year's crop develop ! Enjoy what you have folks !!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
habjolokia

You have got to start sooner, last years stuff is gone and I have been enjoying this seasons jalapenos, Ristra cayenne, and Red Habanero's. Starting in December is key to have fruit in July. In Zone 7

Bookmark   July 24, 2012 at 9:19PM
woohooman

What hab said. Even here in SoCal, I start in dec/jan.

I just finished off the last of last year's pickled peppers a month or so ago right when I could start picking the very 1st FRESH fruit THIS year.

And I'll have some of almost all of my varieties DRYING until I start with germinating again in the winter. It's a year round thing for me in one way or another.

Bookmark   July 24, 2012 at 11:15PM
capoman(5a)

If you have good indoor lighting, you can start a bit later. I start in mid February under T5H0s, then move them outside early in a greenhouse, and are harvesting Bhuts and Nagas right now. I've been harvesting less hot ones such as Hungarians, Bananas, Bells and Early Jalapenos for weeks. One oddity is the Peter pepper I grew was one of the fastest, earliest plants, but seems to be one of the slowest to ripen.

Bookmark   July 25, 2012 at 8:43AM
More Discussions
Cotton bugs (?) with pictures.
I planted a jolokia back in October from a seed. It...
Anthony Pomerinke
Where do you find seeds for different hot peppers?
Is there a special place to order seeds for some of...
goldilocs
bad batch of corn … oh
OTOH nothing happened after 26 days with my first batch...
bragu_DSM 5
Seed soak
IIs 24 hours too long? I won't be home until then....
peps_22
My Carolina Reapers and Naga Viper need help!
As you can see from the pictures above each of the...
krystalpepper
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™