peonynursery.com

rian(7va)June 30, 2009

I bought a couple of rockii tree peonies from them in 06. The plants were small (shipping from Lithuania is pricy) but they were healthy and did well. Blooming size now and absolutely beautiful. If you are frugal and patient this is a good place to shop.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
maifleur01

I have spoken to a couple of my sources as to why the plants are so small coming from this nursery. Most have informed me that the size of peonies from european nurseries for the european trade are much smaller than those we see in the US. Some of the european nurseries do provide US size plants but with patience the price difference is worth it.

Shipping and document costs for importation is driving the small purchaser out of the trade.

Bookmark   July 2, 2009 at 1:03AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
graycrna4u

Bad experience with this nursery. I paid $80 for two tree peonies. Never knew when they shipped (poor communication). In September 2013, I emailed and asked for a ship date and was told the plants had been mailed in early August and that the plants had just arrived backed in Lithuania because the parcel was unclaimed. The grower than said if I wanted the plants I ordered that it would be another $25 (shipping) but he didn't think the plants would survive that long (been out of the ground since late July). Or I would have to totally reorder for fresh plants. Now, he has my money and my plants and has said tough to me. Very poor customer service.

Bookmark   October 4, 2013 at 7:21AM
More Discussions
springhill nurseries ok?
would like to hear the good, bad or ugly on this vendor....
jeanr
Cactusbylin.com
I won an echinopsis plant on Ebay and paid via Paypal....
fleurkat
Say bye bye to Ty Ty Nursery
I was lied to, cheated and ripped off by TY TY Nursery;...
njm121
Antique Rose Emporium
I recently ordereded plants from this vendor and was...
cearbhaill
Almost Eden
I'm happy to say I've come across another great online...
karyn1
Sponsored Products
Top Knobs Edwardian Ribbon and Reed T-Knob - M930
$15.12 | Hayneedle
Butler Ridgeland Console Table - Olive Ash Burl - 2110101
$449.00 | Hayneedle
Tonino Lamborghini Casa Collection - Speed S Sectional
| Italy Design
Hillsdale Pompei Nesting Tables - 61713
$181.15 | Hayneedle
Riverside Sierra Round End Table - 3409
$330.75 | Hayneedle