mary_grether

cryptid(Southern OR 7)July 18, 2010

Today I received Mary's end of my first ever trade with her. The seeds arrived promptly and intact! Ol' Cryptid, here, is a happy camper! :) "Thanks, Mary! I look forward to trading with you again!"

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

Posted by hostarookie (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 21, 10 at 9:03

Just completed a trade with Mary... good communication and fast delivery. A great person to trade with! Em

(copied from another thread)

Bookmark   December 21, 2010 at 10:30AM
charliez71(6)

I received her trade yesterday, but was not happy at all. The
things I requested came in a plain envelope and it looks like
what I got was debris could not find any actual seeds, only flakes or very immature seeds. Very bummed about this trade.

Bookmark   January 6, 2011 at 9:14AM
p-piper(7 Or)

Just finished a great trade with Mary. Seeds arrived very quickly. Looking forward to trading again!

Bookmark   January 15, 2011 at 2:44AM
azmountains_gardener(5b/6a, Sunset 2b, AZ)

I hate doing this, and I'm so sorry that I have to, but unfortunately I have to agree with charliez71 from above. I got my package of seeds from Mary today, and I have some issues with it.

Firstly, we agreed that she would send me pink columbine, orange cosmos, salvia, salvia subrotunda,and sunflowers. I got the columbine, cosmos, and sunflowers, but I didn't get any salvia, the seeds I wanted the most from her. She included a note in the bubble envelope that said she couldn't find any salvia; I would have liked to know that BEFORE I sent her the seeds she requested from me. She did replace the salvia with zinnias and rudbeckia, but she should have (1)checked to see if she had the seeds before agreeing to trade them, and (2)upon learning that she didn't have them, check with me to make sure I still wanted to trade (which I probably wouldn't have).

My second issue is that she sent the seeds in baggies stapled shut. They were poorly marked (with pen directly on the plastic). One of the baggies was not marked at all, and I had to resort to guessing what the seeds were by process of elimination. I had to transfer the seeds from her baggies into my mini ziploc bags, which took FOREVER. The way she sent the columbine seeds was a bit odd, and a bit disgusting. She sent the seeds on tape, as if she just poured some out on a table or something else and put tape down on them to pick them up. There was lots of hair and garbage along with the seeds. Needless to say, I had to promptly wash my hands after getting the seeds off.

She did use a bubble envelope to send the seeds, which was good. There were many seeds in the baggies and the package arrived promptly, two more pluses. Overall, however, I wasn't happy with the trade and, though I hate to say it, I probably won't trade with her again.

Bookmark   February 9, 2011 at 4:52PM
More Discussions
glynis3
am surprised glynis3 doesnt have a review thread started,...
leila hamaya
KatJaqu
have just completed a good trade with KatJaqu. no hassles,...
leila hamaya
tormato
Gary hosted the Totally Tomatoes Swap this year. I...
spacetogrow
bakemom
she is so generous with her seeds, thank you so much...
micke
mcc371
I traded seed with Tammy (mcc371), and the trade went...
l1oness
Sponsored Products
Mary Ann 3-piece Quilt Set and Optional Sham Separates
Overstock.com
Grace Table Lamp - Environment
$499.00 | HORNE
Marie Fleur Floor Lamp
Lightology
Mary McDonald Black Opaque Directoire Swing Arm Wall Light
Lamps Plus
Regine Table Lamp by Mary McDonald
$723.80 | Lumens