Glitzy Catalogs

fleur_guySeptember 28, 2008

Is it just me or does it seem as though the suppliers that

have the most problems with customer service or sub-par

plants send out the Glitziest catalogs to lure you in?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
razorback33(z7)

You are very observant! That is exactly their intentions, lure unsuspecting gardeners with their perfect photos, very often retouched and glowing reports of plant performance.
What you will receive is a half-dead or totally dead, bare root something or other, in a plastic bag, filled with dry moss. Complaints are often totally ignored or rejected because you failed to comply with their warranty terms.
If you receive any catalog with a return address in Bloomington, IL, Lawrenceburg, IN or Ty Ty, GA, best to use it to kindle a fire in the fireplace or place in the nearest recycle bin. You have to be especially careful about the shysters in Ty Ty, GA, as their reputation became so dismal, they now use dozens of pseudonyms and rent PO Boxes in nearby towns to avoid detection. You won't find them listed at Dave's GardenWatchDog, because they threatened legal action if all negative comments about their nefarious companies weren't removed from the site.
Rb

Bookmark   December 7, 2008 at 2:08AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ninamarie(4Ont.)

You get what you pay for. In most cases, these catalogues are free. And someone has to pay the colour printing and mass distribution costs.

Bookmark   December 17, 2008 at 4:41PM
More Discussions
Suggestions for places to buy Daylilies
Can anyone share the names of places to buy Daylilies...
carota18
Santa Rosa Gardens
I ordered for the first time in October, and was SO...
valal111
Anybody use Nature Hills Nursery?
Nature Hills Nursery (Omana, NE) is one of the few...
sbratcher
nature hills nursery, online website - keep your money
By far, the lousiest, most dubious company I have ever...
stormygaylebuss
Antique Rose Emporium
I recently ordereded plants from this vendor and was...
cearbhaill
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™