QVC plants

dancinglemons(7B VA)September 4, 2009

Hello all,

I love to "Q" do you?? Well there is an exception. I do not purchase plants from QVC unless there is a REALLY good price and plant size. Let me explain.

Cottage Farms - one of the plant sellers on QVC has the smallest plants most in 2-4 inch pots. I have found the past 2-3 years that these same plants can be purchased from Lowe's and Home Depot for less AND the plants are larger. I purchased Artic Kiwi male and female plants from QVC because I thought they were not available locally. I received two 2 inch pots with one plant in each. This is what I expected -but- I did not expect a plant that is less than 1 year old and only 4 inches tall with almost no root mass. I later found the same variety Kiwi at Home Depot in a 1 gallon pot for 50% less when you factor in the shipping fees from QVC.

I purchased Cottage Farms Chandler Blueberry plants from QVC because I liked the idea of having big blueberries the size of cherrys. I received three 4 inch pots with nice healthy plants - small plants. I later found Chandler Blueberries at Lowe's in 1 gallon pots - yada yada yada - less money for bigger older plants.

Roberta's Unique Gardens This plant vendor on QVC has some unique plants and many citrus tree varieties. This summer I found many of the 'rare & hard to find" (not) Roberta's plants available locally for less. In all honesty I must say that Roberta's plants are usually bigger and better grown than those of Cottage Farms. I have a Meyer Lemon and a Kumquat tree from Roberta's that were very good size when I received them.

Word to the wise - shop locally when you see a plant that you want on QVC. You might find that same plant for 50% less and no shipping cost.

DL

More Discussions
Sampleseeds.com
I have placed 2 orders for seeds in the past 4 months...
valal111
springhill nurseries ok?
would like to hear the good, bad or ugly on this vendor....
jeanr
directgardening.com
I'm not sure this outfit needs any more bad publicity...
garystpaul
Anybody use Nature Hills Nursery?
Nature Hills Nursery (Omana, NE) is one of the few...
sbratcher
Park Seed
I placed an order last Sunday, for many seed packs....
cottonwood468
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™